Process Development Engineer
On behalf of our client, an agri-food company, we are currently recruiting for a Process Development Engineer.
The Process Development Engineer will be responsible for developing engineering solutions across all company programs. The Candidate should have a strong program management background and be highly adept at problem solving complex industrial challenges. A background in the development of engineering solutions in the food, nutraceutical or pharma industries is welcomed.
The Candidate must demonstrate a hands on capability and will be immediately deployed on a program to industrialise Powder Production.
Process Development Engineer will be responsible for:
- Solving engineering challenges to unlock the valuable nutrient stream from mushrooms;
- Developing engineering process prototypes to drive process and engineering solutions for new product development;
- Working closely with each department and project to build a comprehensive picture of the engineering challenges and solutions required for each stage of company’s development;
- Manage control of engineering advisory expenditure;
- Development of engineering modelling of lab scale, scale up and full industrial engineering system;
- Development of capital and operating cost estimates for inclusion in budget and longer term financial models and reporting against same;
- Providing engineering input to grant applications (National and European);
- Generation of engineering input to management and Board reporting;
- Assessment and implementation of relevant engineering regulatory requirements;
- Management and implementation of relevant engineering design package to safely record all system design.
- Completion of documentation to ensure compliance with both internal and external regulations and protocols.
- Relevant degree or post graduate qualified mechanical engineer
- Preference given to relevant food, nutraceutical or pharma industry experience
- Experience in the development of new products
- Minimum 5 years prior experience as engineer where the candidate can clearly demonstrate a fit with the spec requirements.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Given the breadth of this role it is essential that candidates are able to demonstrate that their strong problem solving skills along with their adaptability has materially contributed to the development of new products.
- Must have the insight and innovative mindset to drive forward the engineering challenges needed at a critical point in the company journey.
- Independent ability to construct prototype and scale up solutions for technology challenges
- New product development experience in food, nutraceutical, or pharma industries
- Engineering problem solver
- Commercial awareness
- Capacity to deal with complexity, uncertainty and at times pressure
- Financially literate
- Technical knowledge of upstream process science, manufacturing principles and techniques
- Strong ability to multi-task
- CAD skills an asset
- Excellent MS package skills
- Strong communication skills including document preparation and delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Proven ability to apply technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation.
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Linda on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com
Apply for Process Development Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly