Scientist/Senior Scientist Inhalation
On behalf of our client, a leading global contract research organisation, we are currently recruiting for Scientist and Senior Scientist for the Inhalation Laboratory.
These roles provide support to the Inhalation Technology Services department by conducting device performance, aerosol and particle characterisation and impactor testing for a variety of inhalation devices: pMDIs, DPIs, nebulizers, nasal sprays and novel devices.
As a Scientist you would work with minimal supervision, interpret analytical data in regards to acceptability and consistency and set up and maintain analytical instrumentation.
As a Senior Scientist you would also routinely act as the project leader on multiple projects and will interact with clients, review and evaluate data, write reports and protocols
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide full analytical testing support for inhalation devices (pMDIs, DPIs, nebulizers, nasal sprays and novel devices) in accordance with GMP practices against strict timelines to successfully meet client program milestones.
- Perform a variety of complex sample preparations
- Perform analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations for stability testing and other studies for analytical testing support
- Communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- Senior Scientists would also provide assistance and training to junior lab employees
Skills and experience:
• Educated to a Bachelor's Degree level in a relevant area, ie chemistry
• 3-4 years' (for Scientist level) or 5+ years' (for Senior Scientist level) experience working within a GMP Lab
• 3-4 years' (for Scientist level) or 5+ years' (for Senior Scientist level) industry testing experience of inhalation devices with cascade impaction, dose delivery and particle size analysis
• Industry HPLC experience
• General analytical chemistry knowledge
• Positive attitude and ability to work well with others
• Ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Linda on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com