- Contract Type
The Laboratory Manager leads the planning, coordination and management of all activities in the Laboratory. This position is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of company standards and ISO 17025 compliance with policies, procedures and practices of the company and regulatory bodies. The Laboratory Manager will report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Prioritize Safety of Laboratory employees through continuous review of work practices and ensure that an effective safety team is in place.
- Ensure the effective implementation of company standards to ensure compliance with the policies, procedures and practices
- Ensure that all ingredients, finished products and intermediate products are tested and released in accordance with procedures set forth by the company
- Participate in selection of laboratory equipment with a view to optimize output by incorporation of state of the art. laboratory instruments enabling fast response time of tests, automation and online data acquisition.
- Manage Laboratory Shift Managers and direct reports with an overall responsibility for about 40 Team Members.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 17025 Laboratory Management Systems.
- Implementation and management of GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) requirements.
- Embed operational excellence and a continuous improvement culture to deliver improvements through lean principles and systems.
- Provide technical support to Business Unit and Bottlers if quality concerns with concentrate.
- Support and technically advise Procurement on ingredient strategy.
- Actively participate, with significant influence, in the selection and training of the Laboratory Team.
- Support and lead both regional and global laboratories projects as required.
- Working with the Leadership Team and wider management team regarding management of laboratory operations
- Make decisions, recommendations and provide guidance on laboratory operations
- Working with the Supply Management Team on requests for advice, information and technical data
- Working with suppliers, following up on vendor defects, supplier audits and development and providing technical support
- Working with regulatory and government agencies regarding updates on quality strategies, requests for information and technical data
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree, MSc or PhD in Science (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, Pharmacology or Microbiology).
- Minimum 7 years' experience in food or pharmaceutical industries, with at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Detailed understanding of laboratory technical processes, analytical decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in leading global projects is a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Nicola on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com