Account Manager - Med Comms
My client, a full service international communications agency has an opportunity for an account manager to join its award winning team based in either Cheshire or Glasgow.
They work on a range of accounts including publications and medical affairs for big pharma and biotechs. They share work across offices so you will work with an extended team around the world and most people work on more than one account. They have a diverse client work portfolio in a range of therapy areas including rare diseases, oncology, CV, respiratory, dermatology, rheumatology, nephrology and psychiatry.
Our client fosters an enjoyable work environment where everyone has a voice. In addition to an excellent salary you can also expect bonus, healthcare, pension, life assurance and 25 days holiday and much more.
- Acting as the primary point of contact, proactively and effectively manage and deliver the full range of medical communications projects by taking responsibility for the day-to-day management of projects
- Lead and motivate the internal project teams and provide regular feedback on performance both directly and to line managers
- Review outputs against the client’s rationale for work, specific project objectives, key messages, and for consistency with the marketing communication aims on the account
- Maintain and provide up-to-date account information to the client and internal team as requested
- Prepare, attend and actively participate in client meetings, and provide on-site support at scientific meetings (symposia, advisory boards) according to the needs of the account
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring and tracking of progress to achieve forecasts.
- Liaise with internal functions to produce project specifications and budget estimates, and ensure accurate recording of time for ongoing projects
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Life science degree
- Previous account management experience gained in a medical communications agency environment
- Demonstrates strong capability for financial management
- Able to review the work of others and providing constructive feedback
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attentive to detail with strong organisational skills
- Good presentation skills and ability to facilitate meetings
- Computer literacy
- Team player
This is a great chance to join an agency that aims to challenge team members to reach their potential whilst building around their strength and interests.
At ID Search & Selection we operate in a highly consultative way, taking time to understand your requirements. So if this role isn’t the “right” role please speak with one of our highly experienced consultants.
Not all of our available roles are able to be advertised, for details of all the positions that we have available please call 01932 797996.