- Contract Type
12 Month FTC, competitive hourly rate plus overtime
We have an urgent and exciting opportunity for a Research Bioscientist to work in Oncology Bioscience. You’ll be able to push new boundaries in oncology research and be encouraged to develop novel therapeutics and biomarkers, identify new targets and publish your work. You will be involved in all stages of the drug discovery and development process – and as your experience grows, so will your role and career prospects.
Main duties and responsibilities
Working collaboratively within the in vivo team you will apply your scientific and technical expertise to delivering in vivo efficacy and pharmacodynamic studies to support our oncology drug discovery portfolio. You will have a role ensuring that the lab is maintained to a standard that ensures delivery of high quality data. You may also be expected to play a role in our key tasks to enable delivery including sample preparation for downstream analysis, compound formulation and cell culture for in vivo studies. Key will be your ability to prioritise your own workload whilst working as part of a team.
• A degree in biology or related field or equivalent industry experience
• Home Office personal licence holder (modules 1-3)
• Proven in vivo dosing skill set
• High ethical standards and a keen eye for animal welfare
• Excellent team worker with good communication skills
• Ability to work 1 weekend in 5
• Oncology experience
• In vivo skills applied to oncology drug discovery
• Industry experience
• Cell culture experience
• Experience performing ex vivo analysis techniques e.g gene expression analysis, western blotting
If you meet the outlined requirements and are interested in this position then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions regarding the role then please call 0118 959 4990.
If this role is not quite right for you, but you are interested in hearing about new career opportunities, then please still get in touch as further roles are available. Additionally, if you know someone that may be interested in this role then please feel free to pass this advertisement on.