International Medical/Scientific Director (IMD/ISD)
- Contract Type
For our pharmaceutical clients in Switzerland we are constantly looking to connect with experienced professionals in several areas, including pre-clinical development, clinical research, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, etc.
One of the roles we often recruit for is an International Medical (Scientific) Director. This is a key role in the development of the medical strategy and execution of the medical plan for a product /group of products. The role requires strong disease specific expertise and Medical Affairs or/and Clinical Development experience with proof of achievements. In addition, a good business understanding to identify and address the relevant medical needs of clinical practice to successfully support the optimal use of company’s products is essential.
- Being the key contributor to the development and implementation of the Global Medical Plan for the product / group of products. May act as a lead global contact to the Affiliate/Regional Medical Affairs and other internal functions in matters related to the development of medical strategy.
- Maintain the highest standards and levels of scientific and clinical knowledge in oncology (via publications, key meetings, collaboration with key Therapeutic Areas Experts (TAEs), as well as continuous communication and effective partnering with global functions and affiliates)
- Stay abreast of internal and external developments and trends to maintain a fully current view and perspective of internal/external influences and its implications for the assigned product/group of products
- In charge of establishing the Independent Data Monitoring Committees, Data Safety Monitoring Boards , and lead trial Steering Committees and Investigator Meetings.
- Reviews affiliate Phase IV study synopses and supported study proposals and is in charge for establishing and supervising collaborative projects with academic institutions and collaborative groups to ensure successful implementation of supported studies.
- Host/Lead medical events such as advisory boards and company’s initiated medical education events and present data at such events if appropriate; develop scientific content for advisory boards including preparing agenda, questions and topics to be presented
- Work together with TAEs, cooperative groups and societies to get advice and ensure the appropriate use of company’s products
- Get input from key affiliates to develop Global Medical Plan and communicates final Global Medical Plan to all affiliates; provide strategic medical guidance to affiliates/regions, including guidance and information to Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs).
Qualifications and Experience
- MD or relevant PhD
- 10+ years of professional experience, both in clinical practice and within the pharmaceutical industry (preferably in medical function at global or country level)
- Strong knowledge of the overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical/ biotechnology organizations (Phase I – IV drug development experience/ exposure is strongly preferred)
- Experience in development and implementation of clinical trials
- Previous experience with launch of drugs/indications is a plus
- Previous experience with oncology would be preferred
- Experience with development and Implementation of Medical Plans and strategies for products
- Experience with management of Advisory boards, Congresses, Symposia, Medical Education Plans
- Proven expertise with a wide range of data/ information: scientific/clinical, legal/ regulatory, etc.
- Considerable experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation, and assessing clinical relevance
- Experience of writing clinical publications
- Experience of partnership with TAEs and external organizations is strongly preferred
- Drug development process and regulatory requirements for drug registration, clinical trials and medical communication
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required