Enzyme Discovery and Protein Engineering Manager
On behalf of our client, an agri-food company, we are currently recruiting for an Enzyme Discovery and Protein Engineering Manager. Reporting to the Research & Development Manager, this role will suit a passionate, self-starter who can supervise and coordinate the activities of a small team of molecular biologists and technicians focused on fungal enzyme identification, production and activity based screening.
• Develop and lead fungal/bacterial discovery and protein engineering efforts for industrial biotechnology applications
• Contribute to enzyme discovery efforts by applying your past experience with different discovery platforms, techniques, instruments and workflows.
• Lead and mentor existing team members and assemble a best-in-class protein engineering and discovery team.
• Offer scientific and technical leadership within your team and cross-functionally
• Manage workflow of the group to ensure quality, prioritization, and timeliness across multiple programs
• Manage external collaborators and serve as a key scientific liaison with external organizations such as Universities, Technical Institutes and other companies
• Active management of the project pipeline to ensure resources are assigned and prioritised to deliver commercial success.
• Transfer of new developments to up-scaled production in accordance with the project time-lines and working within a business oriented development environment.
• Work closely to incorporate new technologies as needed and support technology integration across teams
• Ensure resources are designed and sourced appropriately to enable us to achieve our ambitious goal
• PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related discipline particularly in mycology
• Must have minimum 5 years post-doctoral industrial/academic experience in biotechnology, particularly working with fungal genetics and bioinformatics.
• Take pride in building state-of-the-art technology capabilities and staying on top of the latest developments in the field
• You thrive in a dynamic, quickly changing environment where we work individually and on teams
• You're proficient with all aspects of a high-performing enzyme discovery programme
• Your research has been published in high-impact academic journals
• You demonstrate a track record of being strong interpersonally and with experience leading a group and overseeing multi-disciplinary projects
• You have a point of view, value your independent thinking, and are low ego
Qualifications and Experience
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Enzymology, Biochemistry or related discipline with particular focus on Mycology.
• 5+ years industrial research experience.
• 3+ years project and staff management experience.
• Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical.
• Experience in optimising the process conditions and cost analysis.
• Experience in handling different groups of fungi and bacterial systems.
• Practical experience in genomics and proteomics
• Application of bioinformatics in enzyme structure elucidation
• Protein engineering based on site directed mutagenesis
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Linda on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com
Apply for Enzyme Discovery and Protein Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly