Biostatistician II - home based UK/EMEA-149372
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD's global Biostatistics team moves us towards our purpose to improve health by preserving the scientific integrity of clinical research studies. Working with our Biostatistics team, you will analyze the results of clinical trial data to summarize the efficacy and safety findings of our projects. You are a technical and statistical expert driving innovation and continuous improvement with our data.
As a Biostatistician II, you lead statistical analysis for large, complex studies.
You are driven by quality and accuracy, are service-oriented, and have a sense of urgency aligned with that of our customers. You are key in mentoring and developing others within the biostatistics and programming project teams, presenting "one PPD" to our clients.
Grow within the Biostatistics team into leadership roles, or continue as an individual contributor with more responsiblity and client interaction. Or, put your data expertise to use with other roles within our Data Management or Global Clinical Development departments.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
Master's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’).
- Strong SAS programming skills (Proficient in BASE, STAT, MACRO and GRAPH) and understanding of database structures.
- Ability to provide mentorship and promote teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Strong knowledge of statistical principles and strong statistical skills.
- Ability to create study specifications and provide support in the review of data management documentation.
- Proven performance of required tasks, as evidenced in outstanding performance in current tasks and/or documented record of accomplishments.
- Evidence of strong management skills, as shown through management of multiple projects and/or staff members.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law. South Africa -
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Act No.55 or 1998 (and any amendments thereto), PPD’s recruitment policy and the Employment Equity Plan’.