Clinical Project Manager
- Contract Type
Clinical Project Manager – Scotland, Permanent, Home or Office Based!
Clintec is actively recruiting for a Clinical Project Manager to join our expanding global company in Scotland – this is a Permanent Contract and can be home or office based. By working for Clintec you can further your career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and you can be assured of rewarding benefits.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading for one or more clinical trials simultaneously and be responsible for the initiation, conduct and reporting of clinical trials or programmes. The Senior Project Manager will ensure by co-ordination of project team activities that these projects are completed on or below budget, on or ahead of time and on target, according to the requirements of the contract with the Sponsor and ensure that project activities are executed according to the quality standards defined by appropriate procedures and by ICH GCP.
Responsibilities of the Clinical PM:
· Supervise and evaluate the project management team and conduct of clinical trials to ensure the accomplishment of established goals and objectives
· Manage and coordinate project team activities to ensure consistently high performance across the Clinec project portfolio to the satisfaction of the client(s)
· Contribute to the development of new systems to facilitate management of projects and department operations
· Monitor and review the clinical studies in terms of financial progress, business metrics, KPI’s and compare to milestones delivered
· Provide timely input into monthly internal program management project status reviews
· Develop project schedules of tasks with input of project team members; identify responsible parties, staffing needs, and timeframe for completion of project with list of deliverables, plan timeline in concert with client commitments
· Identify impending obstacles to the successful completion of the project, analyses information and develop innovative solutions to challenges
· Serve as a mentor to Project Managers including the facilitation of their training and orientation and as a resource for administrative and project related issues
· Participate as required, in proposal development, business development, and client presentations and be available to present department responsibilities and functions to potential clients
· Participate in development and implementation of department training programs where required
· Bachelor’s degree, equivalent of higher qualification in a relevant life sciences discipline
· Significant track record within clinical project management
· Excellent knowledge of the pharmaceutical product development process and broad therapeutic exposure
· Clear understanding of contracts and scope of work
· Ability to demonstrate strong commercial business acumen
· Ability to work to strict operational deadlines and manage conflicting priorities accordingly
· Excellent communication skills including the ability to interact and manage relationships with international colleagues and clients orally and in writing
· High level of IT literacy including use of Internet, email and Microsoft Office suite of packages
· Willingness and ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
· Fluency in English language (written and spoken)
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
· Willingness and ability to be home or office based in Scotland.
Formal Project Management Training / Accreditation
Clintec is a dynamic, UK headquartered, privately owned, full service Contract Research Organisation with a presence in over 50 countries worldwide. We have been providing clinical research support services to clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries and assisting in their key product development efforts for over two decades. At Clintec we have experience in managing clinical trials in all major therapeutic areas including oncology, rare disease, neurology, cardiovascular, psychiatry, infectious disease, rheumatology, immunology, respiratory and gastroenterology.
Clintec employees can expect to receive expert training and guidance throughout their careers as well as the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of Clinical Trials across the full life-cycle of the drug development process from the CRO perspective. We have strong partnerships with some of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies and employees can expect to be involved in some of the most prestigious drug development projects with the opportunity to develop, progress and travel globally. Clintec offers a competitive salary and rewards package.