Principal Medical Writer
My client is a global medical communications agency delivering high quality educational programmes with a focus on outstanding service to their clients. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a Principal Medical Writer to join their London office.
The overall responsibility of the Principal Medical Writer is to act as the scientific, content and creative lead on a large-size global and European account. As well as writing, you will act as the primary editorial contact for both in house staff and the client, and assure the completion of projects on time and within budget.
In return, you can expect an excellent salary and benefits package including pension, private medical insurance, travel season ticket loan, childcare vouchers and much more, as well as a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Develop and deliver high-quality educational materials (e.g. manuscripts, slide decks, websites, training programmes, advisory boards, standalone meetings and symposia)
- Oversee editorial delivery for self and other project team members; monitor the quality, style and accuracy of editorial work across a range of activities and provide timely, consistent and constructive feedback
- Be the main point of contact on matters of scientific content; form close working relationships with the client and key opinion leaders
- Be actively involved in constructing personal development plans for editorial team members, including setting short- and long-term objectives and conducting reviews and appraisals
- Provide editorial training in relevant therapy areas, editorial processes and relevant topics of interest
- Use strategic insight to provide practical input to communications programmes
- Lead discussions relating to assigned projects, at both a tactical and strategic level, with clients, thought leaders and internal colleagues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life science degree; higher degree preferred
- Extensive medical writing experience in a wide range of deliverables gained within a medical communications agency environment
- Excellent writing skills; ability to translate technical and scientific data into accessible language for a variety of audiences
- Be capable of inputting into the planning of communication programmes, and being involved in their subsequent implementation
- Significant experience of dealing with clients; easily adapts to different client situations and able to identify and provide solutions to problems
- Previous experience of coaching or line management
- Financial acumen
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent team worker
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.