A world leading medical communications agency has an opportunity for a Scientific Director to join their award winning team in their Cheshire, Glasgow or Oxfordshire offices or have the flexibility to work from home.
The role will involve providing high level scientific, strategic and marketing insights to clients combined with editorial leadership of account teams. As well as providing scientific counsel you will effectively line manage your team to ensure excellence in project delivery across the communication mix. Our client works across a large number of therapy areas but are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with therapy area expertise in Oncology, Respiratory, Neurology and Immunology.
This company truly believes that its people are its most valuable resource. In addition to a competitive basic salary, personal pension, permanent health insurance, life insurance, childcare vouchers, 25 days annual holiday and private healthcare, they also endeavour to accommodate flexible working arrangements.
- Combine in-depth scientific understanding of the product/therapy area with commercial awareness to provide high level strategic and tactical communication planning for clients
- Lead, coach and motivate project teams, providing support and guidance to team members on client and project issues
- Through effective line management ensure training, development and appraisal of all line reports, including Writers, Senior Writers, Principal Writers and Editorial Team Managers as required
- Establish positive long-term relationships with a wide range of brand team members in client organisations
- Contribute to the development of forward account plans in liaison with Account Director
- Contribute to, and participate in, new proposal development and pitches and identify new opportunities to maximise existing accounts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Science Degree
- Extensive medical writing experience gained in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical marketing environment
- Able to demonstrate strategic and tactical thinking
- Has a thorough understanding of the full range of medical communications outputs
- Ability to review the work of others and provide constructive feedback
- Effective project management
- Demonstrates strong capability for financial management.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the current pharmaceutical and healthcare environment from both an international and domestic perspective
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Good presentation skills and ability to facilitate meetings
Our client works with some of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry and are seeking candidates who can combine great client service with scientific expertise to continue to build upon these partnerships.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.