Scientist - Cell Gene Therapy (on-site Stevenage, UK)-143904
Scientist – (on-site Stevenage, UK)
PPD is currently looking to recruit a Scientist to be based on-site at one of our clients in Stevenage, Hertfordshire as part of contracted work from PPD.
The role of Scientist is to work in their Analytical Development Department within the Cell and Gene Therapy Therapeutic area to support the development of suitable analytical methods that can support both process development and manufacturing of cell and gene therapy products
• Analytical testing to support process development activities
• Support laboratory and equipment maintenance
• Executes and write up scientific experiments in a timely manner and with high quality
• Participate in risk assessments to develop robust product control strategies for cell/gene therapy programs
• Support training of colleagues in QC and Product Development
• Review and compilation of results
• Performing work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner
• Training on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines
• BSc in biology, cell biology, virology, biochemistry or related scientific discipline or a HNC/HND will also be considered
• Experience in bioanalytical testing
• Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills
• Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
• At least 2-4 years of analytical testing experience
• Experience in analytical testing in support of recombinant viral vector production, stem cell and T-cell therapies
• Experience in assays that measure infectious and physical viral titre, cell counting and viability, immunophenotyping of cells, and determination of process residuals (e.g. host cell proteins).
• Experience in qPCR, ddPCR, flow cytometry and immunoassays (e.g. ELISA)
• Experience in stem cell and T-cell culture and transduction with lentivirus.
• Experience of vaccines, biopharmaceutical or cell and gene therapy product development
This position is available on a permanent basis.