Senior Project Manager - Faster Filing
- Regulatory Affairs
The Global Faster Filing Program Management Office is being created in the Global Product Development Regulatory (PDR) organization on behalf of the Roche enterprise. The goal of the Global Faster Filing Office is to enable us to be best in class and get our new medicines to patients in considerably less time than today. This is incredibly important given Roche focuses our research and development (R&D) practices on discovering and developing new medicines for unmet medical needs. When successful pivotal clinical trials demonstrate a positive risk benefit we need to be able to effectively, efficiently, and in the shortest amount of time, deliver these new treatment options to patients. To sustainably service our filing pipeline the Faster Filing program is focused on delivering improvements to our filing capabilities enabling increased speed in concert with fit-for-purpose quality and personal sustainability.
In this newly created role, the Senior Project Manager for Faster Filing will report to the Global Head of Faster Filing Program Management Office. The focus of this role will be to deliver high quality project management leadership and expertise for this complex program and to enable team, program and project success. In doing so the Senior Project Manager plays a pivotal role in facilitating the successful delivery of the Faster Filing goals and the delivery of the program.
This position is expected to be needed for the anticipated 4-year duration of the Faster Filing program.
- A key member of newly formed Global Faster Filing program management office in Product Development
- A core team member of the Global Faster Filing team bringing high quality project management leadership to enable team and project success
- Drives strategic discussions within Faster Filing Core Team and with all Improvement Area Leads to define and deliver program scope and charters
- Provide strategic direction and serve as a consulting partner to business functions to improve the success of the solution.
- Applies advanced project management expertise, methodologies and uses project knowledge to develop short-, mid-, long-term initiative-level program and project plans and identifies interdependencies
- Ensures that there is coordinated activity across all of the initiatives in the multi-faceted Faster Filing program.
- Develops, maintains, tracks, and manages a high-quality, integrated project plan to enable accurate reporting and decision making
- Manages the critical path of the project and key project risks.
- Leads and drives relevant project management deliverables
- Raises issues and develops and drives risk mitigation options.
- Uses strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership, and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams
- Lead or facilitate process improvement activities as needed on projects using operational excellence methodologies and tools, such as value stream mapping, business process redesign, Six Sigma, LEAN, root cause analysis, etc.
- Connects the Faster Filing program of initiatives to PD strategic goals and ensure the solution positively impacts these goals.
- Understands change management principles to ensure sustainable transformation and works with Faster Filing Senior Communication Change Management Program Director to ensure best practices are incorporated throughout the program delivery
Who you areYou’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Core Competencies, Skills Include
(e.g. technical, leadership or business competencies, skills, attributes)
- Experience leading business-improvement projects a highly complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong project management to enable precise execution
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound judgment, problem solving, leadership, and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, managing teams, and managing processes
- Outstanding abilities to manage multiple complex projects and driving to solutions and decisions linked to portfolio prioritizations, as necessary
- Experience in metrics/KPI development and analysis to drive continuous improvement
- Proven leadership skills, executive presence, maturity, emotional intelligence
- Strong cross-functional teaming skills: works well within cross-functional teams and matrix environments and geographically dispersed teams
- Skillful use of interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team performance
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, which enable successful collaboration with executive level stakeholders internally and externally
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
- Demonstrable abilities to oversee the work of vendors or other partners and ensure the highest standards, efficiencies and overall effectiveness, as required
(e.g. education, professional background and experience, working knowledge)
- Bachelors Degree is required (life sciences or business discipline, preferred). Graduate or higher-level Degree (e.g., MBA, etc.) is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, to include experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is required. A minimum of 8 years of Project Management experience supporting cross-functional teams in a scientific environment is also required
- Proficiency with common project management tools such as MS Project required. PMC (Project Management Certification) or equivalent required.
- Willing and able to work during global hours with Europe (i.e. between 7-10am PST) and willing and able to travel internationally (estimated 2-3 trips per year)
Who we areA member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.
EEO is the Law
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)