Associate Director of Statistical Programming
We are seeking an Associate Director of Statistical Programming for a multi-year FSP contract with one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. You will be a strong lead/manager dedicated to the FSP with responsibility to project resourcing and supervise teams as well as address escalated issues, performance issues, performance and assignments, training, and administrative issues. While you not need to be a full time manager and could be a hands on lead, you will provide more project management and resource allocation than day-to-day programming.
You will partner with client management to increase efficiency/productivity over the course of the partnership through training, simplifying process, use of technology and re-usability/standardization of programming/best practices. It is imperative that you have strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
Key responsibilities of Associate Director of Statistical Programming:
• Correct and timely completion of all administrative tasks needed for all studies supported by the FSP. This includes:
o Training and assessment of staff
o Timely completion of all documentation needed for GCP and general compliance requirements
o Proactively reporting any items that may impact the timeliness or correctness of any Biometrics deliverable
• May provide both production and QC programming support of SDTM datasets, analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures for multiple clinical trials using SAS software
• Insures the correct and timely deliverables of all work requested by client
• Provides timely communication of issues, risks, and successes of the programming team
• Is responsible for all timelines, including communicating proactively and effectively if timelines are at risk so that plans can be adjusted
• Must attend team meetings and be available during client working hours
This position of Associate Director of Statistical Programming will be located either in our Waltham, MA or Chesterbrook, PA office.
Qualifications and Experience
You will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a scientific discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, IT, Biology, Social Science, etc, and a minimum of eight (8) years of SAS programming experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with some experience using CDISC standards. Additionally, we require:
• Direct line management experience managing statistical programmers
• Project management experience with some measurable amount supporting biometrics work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle large volume of complex tasks with minimal or no input from management
• Ability to handle ad-hoc requests with minimal guidance
• Ability to recognize when negotiating skills are needed and to seek assistance when necessary
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary-based package and bonus, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, plus a contributing 401K plan.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
Keywords: SAS / SAS Programmer / Statistical Programmer / CDISC / SDTM / ADaM / Datasets / Tables / Listings / Figures / TLFs / Senior SAS Programmer / Home-Based / Office-Based / Statistical / USA / Philadelphia / PA / Massachusetts / MA / CRO / Pharma / Pharmaceutical / Contract / BASE / MACRO / GRAPH / ODS / SQL / Biostatistics /