At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry. Localization Engineer
The Localization Engineer will manage the Computer Aided Translation (CAT) tool resources for the Language Services group. The successful candidate will join an existing team of Technical Project Managers who are responsible for prepping source files and post-processing target files so that we can translate using our CAT tool. The Localization Engineer will also be managing machine translation engines and be involved in TM management.
Our Language Services team is part of our Commercialization and Outcomes group is a global team providing translation of clinical trial related materials for both internal and external clients.
The translation group consists of teams with varied responsibilities, managing projects and liaising with our clients and freelance translators. The role
To be successful you will need:
- Maintain and upgrade translation memories in order to promote competitive translation prices and TATs for all of Language Services,
- Lead CAT tool consolidation efforts for existing platforms, as well as future platforms with acquisitions.
- Develop custom filters and configurations as needed for the various teams and client file requirements
- Act as SME to promote a streamlined integration and efficiency between systems.
- Management of Translation Memories.
- Prepare various file types for CAT tool import and/or prepare custom file filters for team use.
- Oversee CAT tool training needs, user guides, and other documentation.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- 5+ years of experience in the Language Services industry working with Computer Aided Translation tools, ideally including memoQ.
- A background in project management or localization engineering.
- CAT tools expertise, specially SDL Trados.
- Knowledge on schemata's for file types such as xml, html, json.
- Broad knowledge of how CAT tools can be integrated with other applications (e.g. via APIs, web services, and/or webhooks).
- Demonstrate drive, passion and a strong sense of teamwork, along with a desire to progress within our organization.
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.