ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.Summary:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have a key role in the design and implementation of complete features or new products within a scrum team. You will have the opportunity to provide guidance and mentorship to the wider team to ensure each team member understands the designs and are effectively trained in terms of the technology base and processes to be followed in the Scrum team.The Role:
What you need:
- Writing quality software and logging any defects as well as executing meaningful unit tests to coverage requirements.
- Collaborating with the team, you will design components and/or the overall product.
- You will have a detailed understanding of feature requirements including base feature, documentation requirements, related administration requirements, testing, and validation.
- You will play an important role in mentoring junior engineers.
- Responsible for updating tickets.
- Working to understand validation requirements and creating feature documentation.
- Responsible for code peer review and test standards and process.
- Developing good estimates of effort required for analysis, design, and development so as to feed into overall sprint planning.
- Partnering with the team on reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Minimum IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering related degree or equivalent with at least 6+ years of experience on application development and implementation experience.
- Experience with delivering projects using Agile software development techniques.
- Experience building modular, scalable software systems using .NET core technologies.
- Experience with Angular tools and libraries for testing, layouts and automation.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.