ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.Summary:
The Senior Data Scientist must combine extensive data analytical, artificial intelligence (especially machine learning) and visualization expertise, a strong scientific perspective and a focus on delivering data-driven solutions to the business. Working within a dedicated data and analytics team, s/he will have a natural interest in exploring a wide range of datasets to solve problems and build new solutions that make ICON a leading player in this space. Depending on team and project requirements at any given time, our senior data scientists engage in one or more of the following activities:What you do?
What you need?
- Use a combination of local and cloud tools to analyse, cleanse and transform different types of data and content for consumption by AI and machine learning models
- Use the most appropriate data modelling / machine learning principles and tools to design, explore and build scalable data solutions, potentially from source systems through to the presentation layer.
- Where required, develop data and software solutions to deliver a robust and automated deployment of AI/ML services for everyday business use
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand the operational challenges and goals and to then explore, design and build appropriate data solutions to meet those goals and alleviate the business challenge
- Collaborate with software engineers and other IT professionals to understand the capabilities and constraints around security, data governance and technology infrastructure to ensure that AI solutions are scalable, automatable, cost efficient and secure and that they comply with data policies and regulations
- Work to differentiate ICON from competitors by exploring and developing solutions that drive meaningful outcomes for customers
- Monitor and be aware of trends in technology, data sciences and business practice in the pharmaceutical industry, and provide advice and recommendations on emerging AI/ML trends and applications.
- Work to deliver maximum customer value for minimum cost.
- Undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centre around our commitment to people, clients and performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Degree in a relevant IT or natural sciences discipline.
- 6+ years of experience in the use of machine learning, artificial neural networks, natural language processing and robotic process automation.
- Ability to translate a business problem into an analytical problem that can be solved with data and machine learning.
- Good knowledge of statistics and statistical analysis.
- Experience with a wide range of data storage technologies and architectures, including data warehouses, data lakes, graph databases, NoSQL and clustering and experience working with structured data, semi-structured data and unstructured data.
- Advanced skills in data wrangling, analysis and visualization.
- Mature software engineering skills, including primary code development, code optimization and workflow and deployment scripting.
- Good knowledge of cloud services, including serverless computing services and machine learning tools.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best-in-class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.