Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
He/she will be responsible for executing product/business communications that will help support BMS' growth and priorities in Japan. He/she will be a seasoned communications professional, with strong execution ability, proficiency in Japanese and English, and people skills.Main Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Lead communications for the company's commercial businesses strategically and drive effective communication for the company’s product milestones such as approval, launch, etc.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders - mainly commercial business units, medical and sales operations and R&D - to identify communications opportunities to generate publicity while maintaining compliance.
- Develop content related to businesses and products as well as raise awareness of disease areas in which BMS focuses.
- Manage the development of product-related press releases, including those written in the US and those originating from Japan, through close coordination with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Work closely with WW product communicators on the execution of global or trans-regional assignments.
- Manage content distribution using the company's own channels and others, digital or traditional.
- Assist and collaborate with other Corporate Affairs team members on the execution of large-scale assignments such as engagement events.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with the media and other external stakeholders to raise the company's public visibility.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Proactivity and high level of personal accountability.
- Strong ability to deliver in timely manner under pressure and juggle multiple tasks.
- Strong ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- About 8 years of experience in communications in agency or in-house setting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or other relevant sectors required - either in agency or in-house setting.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career. Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.On-site Protocol
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.