ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well. What you need:
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Minimum IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering related degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in software development.
- Excellent hands-on coding and design skills in PL/SQL with exposure to analytical functions and data modelling.
- Expertise in Query fine-tuning to ensure optimized execution.
- Extensive experience of PL/SQL.
- Expertise with writing and optimizing stored procedures and complex SQL queries & PL/SQL objects like functions, procedures, packages, triggers, views, cursors, synonyms.
- Should Independently work in complex data environment and develop/maintain application.
- Develop complex PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions for the application, according to business requirements in Linux and database.
- Willingness to work in UK time zone.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best-in-class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.