Simbec-Orion is a responsive and agile full-service CRO, with wide therapeutic experience and specialist expertise in clinical pharmacology, oncology and rare diseases. Perfectly structured, we provide full-service clinical development solutions for small and mid-size drug developers - headed up by a centralised leadership team.
With a focus on tailormade and scalable solutions, we’ll adapt our delivery style, communications and operations to suit the demands of the project, helping clients achieve their clinical and commercial objectives. Because our goal is the same as theirs; to improve patients’ lives.
We are looking for a Research Physiologist to join our Clinic department where you will be responsible for preparing and organising clinical trials that are conducted within our Clinical Pharmacology Unit (CPU) and for the upkeep of study documentation (i.e. Case Report Forms, Logbooks, etc ). You will be reporting into the Deputy Clinic Manager and you will work closely with all study leads (ie Project Manager, Enrolment Officer, Research Physician, etc.) and other members of the clinical team (ie Training Officer, Quality Control Officer) to ensure study deliverables are met and maintained to the highest standard.
- Undertake the role of Study Officer or Deputy according to SOP BD/324/32/01.
- Undertake basic observation of volunteers vital signs and perform ECG's and other routine tests, e.g. Spirometry as per protocol requirements.
- Undertake the collection of urine and other biological samples such as blood samples, etc. from volunteers as per protocol requirements and ensure that the biological samples are disposed of in the correct manner.
- Assist the Sample Coordinator with the handling and processing of biological samples in the Sample Preparation Room when required.
- Maintain the health and safety of volunteers and report the occurrence of adverse events to a Research Physician and the team supervisor to document for shift changeovers.
- Keep up to date with any changes in GCP or current working practices and ensure training records are kept up to date.
- Enter study data on various computerised databases as required and keep up to date with procedure updates, and training in the use of these systems.
- Maintain, validate (i.e. infusion pumps) and calibrate (i.e. Spirometry) all physiological equipment within the Clinical Department.
- Check and maintain the rapid resuscitation bag, emergency trolley and all emergency equipment, and to check the nurse call alarm system including emergency pagers, ensuring that the appropriate logs are updated.
- Attend regular training sessions in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in life sciences
- High level of knowledge and understanding in the application of basic physiology
- Minimum of Basic Life Support training
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to think logically and solve problems.
- Proficient people skills: positive interactions with colleagues, volunteers/patients and sponsors where required
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to continuously produce work of a high-quality standard
- Competent computer skills
- English language - fluent, written and spoken, Excellent communication skills, written, aural and oral
- Clinical Research related degree
- Experience working in an experimental/investigational environment
- Experience of working independently and as part of a large team
- Experience working with methods, protocols, and source documentation
- ILS qualification
- Current knowledge of ICH GCP guidelines
- Ability to coach and mentor others
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Simbec-Orion is growing fast. To keep up with demand, we’re looking for the best people, from all areas of clinical development, to join our team.
We’re dedicated to bringing the latest advances in science to market. Exposure to truly innovative new drugs in patient populations with serious unmet medical needs is what drives our company - and your reason to be a part of it.
With experts from all disciplines under the same roof, you’ll work alongside some of the industry’s best. So if you’d like to further your career within challenging therapeutic areas in rare disease, oncology, or at our clinical pharmacology site, or laboratory services. We’re waiting to hear from you.