You will conduct relevant surveys and provide specialist advice from an Ecological point of view, helping embed the approach from the very beginning of new projects.
The client are part of a land-promoter function for a large established group in the property space. They offer a tight-knit team and small-business feel whilst being backed by a major player in industry.
As a Senior Ecologist you will:
- Provide key links between a range of ecology consultants and the planning / projects team.
- Prepare and review Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEA), Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and shadow Habitat Regulation Assessments (HRA) reports
- Conduct initial habitat surveys
- Prepare Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) calculations and reports
- Consult with regulators and statutory bodies
- Engage and manager stakeholders
To be successful you will:
- Relevant degree in Ecology or similar
- minimum 5-years industry experience
- Demonstrable skills and experience of preparing PEA, EcIA, Ecology Chapters of ES and HRA
- Experience and working knowledge of UKHab classification and the Defra Metric.
- (Ideally) Membership of CIEEM
This is an opportunity to be a pivotal part of the technical team for an established and exciting organisation! You will play a key role in bringing ecological requirements into projects from the very early stages. The business offer a competitive salary, working environment and great benefits.
The role offers hybrid working, ideally 1/2 days on site in Cheshire, however fully remote can be considered.