Description Senior Director, Statistical Programming
Syneos Health® is a leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization built to accelerate customer success. We translate unique clinical, medical affairs and commercial insights into outcomes to address modern market realities.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know: WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture - where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Directs the development and dissemination of standards, policies, and procedures promoting standardized and consistent operating procedures to maximize the efficiency of the Statistical Programming department.
• Ensures that the global Statistical Programming department meets timelines, provides high quality deliverables, complies with contractual project requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and conducts projects within budget.
• Effectively coordinates with company counterparts to ensure consistency in operations.
• Oversee development of direct reports by setting goals, managing performance, evaluating and monitoring training needs, supporting development plans, mentoring, and coaching
• Provides support and training to team and department. Facilitates succession planning and maintains a leadership team with diverse skills, abilities, and competencies, meeting the business needs of Statistical Programming.
• Responsible for recruiting/interviewing, hiring, onboarding, transferring, and terminating staff.
• Prioritizes activities across Statistical Programming projects and facilitates mutually beneficial resolutions to project conflicts between groups or individuals, creating solutions to address business and operational challenges.
• Meets with Statistical Programming management team routinely to evaluate and develop solutions for project resourcing, quality, timelines, budget, standard processes, and training needs. Keeps senior leadership informed of decisions and issues which impact the department.
• Provides input to forecasting and planning activities for department with input from other Biostatistics/Statistical Programming leaders.
• Supports the implementation and maintenance of global Statistical Programming business and clinical applications.
• Works together with Statistical Programming management to maintain metrics for key activities within the assigned areas.
• In collaboration with VP and other Statistical Programming/Biostatistics senior leaders, establishes department-level initiatives.
• Actively supports business development activities.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Some travel may be required. Qualifications What we’re looking for
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent preferred, ideally in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
• Extensive experience in programming in a clinical trial setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Progressive management experience and demonstrated leadership ability across regions.
• Project Management experience preferred.
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize projects, recruit and develop staff, and manage resources.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health Additional Information:
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position may include a company car or car allowance, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and individual performance, and flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $128,070 to $256,100. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.