About the Role
Analysts and Medical Writers work on projects involving the detailed analysis of data from clinical trials and the assimilation and creative presentation of this analysis in different formats. These deliverables include posters, slide sets, value dossiers, reports and peer-reviewed publications, and they are used directly by our clients in communication with a range of external stakeholders, making them instrumental to the successful uptake of novel therapies. The work is structured on a project-by-project basis and you will usually be working on several projects in different disease areas at any one time.
You will work in project teams alongside experienced colleagues, who provide one-to-one training in the technical aspects of the role, including project management and effective client communication. Delivering project work requires close collaboration with clients, and following a successful induction period you will increasingly participate in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with external stakeholders.
Costello Medical is structured into divisional teams focusing on distinct medical communications and health economics services, or serving a specific sector within the healthcare industry. If you have an interest in joining a specific division, you will be encouraged to specify this in your application form. On joining the company, you will be assigned a “home” division based on factors such as your interests and skills and our current business need. However, where possible, Analysts and Medical Writers work cross-divisionally with at least one additional division to develop a broad understanding of the company’s services and clients.
To learn more about the tailored personal and professional development we offer at Costello Medical, as well as what a typical day is like for a variety of roles, please click here: https://www.costellomedical.com/careers/working-at-costello-medical/
To learn more about the recruitment process for our Analyst/Medical Writer role, please click here: https://apply.workable.com/costello-medical/
In addition to the specific scientific skills and experience you need to succeed in your role, we have developed a framework that details the key skills, approaches and mindsets that are essential for all Analysts and Medical Writers to display in order to excel in their role with us. Embodying these will support your growth and development throughout your career at Costello Medical.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- An undergraduate degree level qualification in a scientific discipline (minimum 2.1 or equivalent). Postgraduate qualifications (minimum 2.1 or equivalent) would be an advantage, but they are not a requirement for the role. We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms, including but not limited to biology, chemistry, pharmacy and medicine
- An aptitude for, and experience of, planning and writing scientific documents, which could include lab reports, dissertations, poster or oral presentations, articles for websites or student magazines, peer-reviewed scientific publications, book chapters, grant applications, and regulatory documents
- Being self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn and develop your skills
- An exceptional level of attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage your time to work across multiple projects at the same time and prioritise tasks appropriately to maximise productivity
- Exceptional written English, which you will use in including client work, email communication and internal messaging
- Effective verbal communication skills, which you will use when working with colleagues and clients The ability to tailor your communication style to a variety of audiences, including healthcare professionals, patient groups, suppliers, clients, non-scientific colleagues and governmental bodies
- A proactive mindset, including the ability to recognise challenges and suggest solutions with limited guidance
- A collaborative approach to working, where you share knowledge with others in your team to promote the attainment of a common objective, and work together to overcome obstacles to success
- The self-awareness to reflect on your own work and performance, alongside a willingness to take ownership of your work and the development of your career
- A willingness to get involved with, and contribute to, your wider division
- Embodying Costello Medical’s values, which includes being committed to delivering quality work, championing innovation in healthcare, acting with integrity and supporting your colleagues as they would support you
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What We Offer
A starting salary of £35,000. Salary increases are typically awarded after 6 and 12 months and will then be reviewed on a yearly basis.
Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical: Benefits Package in the UK | Costello Medical.
Please note that this role is available in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, as well as our London, Bristol and Manchester offices. You can learn more about our office locations here: www.costellomedical.com/careers/locations.
We have start dates available throughout 2024 which occur on a monthly basis. You will be asked to detail your preferred start date within your application.
How to Apply
You are required to submit your CV and a cover letter via our online application form https://apply.workable.com/costello-medical/. In your cover letter, you must explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical, with examples to support both.
As written communication is a vital skill for this role, if your cover letter is suspected to have been generated by Artificial Intelligence (AI), your application is likely to be disqualified. Your CV should clearly state the dates of all qualifications and grades achieved where applicable.
Please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role or application process.
We can provide visa sponsorship for eligible candidates for our Analyst/Medical Writer role. You will be asked to provide details of your right to work in the UK within your application, however this will have no impact on the processing of your application.