Infectious Disease is at the Heart of Parexel!
Our Infectious Disease and Vaccines team is growing in the US, and we are seeking an additional Senior Medical Director to join this incredibly driven and patient focused team!
As a Senior Medical Director in Infectious Disease and Vaccines, you will be on the frontier of infectious disease clinical research and will oversee clinical development of a variety of interventions and approaches. You will partner with a broad spectrum of clients with exciting and innovative development programs, gain tremendous experience, and have the support of a strong, values-driven Leadership team.
The Senior Medical Director, Infectious Disease is a recognized medical expert and leader with both specialized therapeutic expertise and broad experience across indications, clients, and modalities, including both drugs and vaccines. They initiate and maintain medical and consultative relationships with clients, engage in business development and pre-award efforts and serve as a medical monitor for contracted projects. The Senior Medical Director, Infectious Disease may represent Global Medical Services (GMS) on cross-functional initiatives, lead initiatives within GMS, and may manage a small team of physicians.
- Project Execution - Medical Monitoring Delivery and PV Support
- Client Relationship Building and Engagement
- Medical Expertise
- Business Development
- Department and Cross-Functional Team Leadership
Skills / Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in clinical research with sub-specialty certification in Infectious Diseases which is expected to be kept up to date
- A strong background in clinical aspects of product development, including all aspects of Medical Monitoring and study design/execution
- Excellent knowledge of the drug development process including drug safety
- Clinical practice experience
- Experience working for a CRO highly desirable, or experience working for pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology companies
- Level of expertise is recognized internally and by others in the industry
- Client-focused approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact well with sponsor/client counterparts, internal colleagues and to manage and mentor staff
- Excellent verbal and written medical and business communication skills
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent problem solving, risk assessment and decision-making skills at the department and enterprise level with the ability to analyze business needs and act decisively
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- US Board certified in Infectious Disease
- Experience as a Physician in Industry or as a clinical trial investigator is required and previous experience with vaccine development or vaccine trials is highly preferred.
- Medically qualified in an acknowledged medical school with completion of at least a basic training in clinical medicine (residency, internship)
Due to the global nature of our team and our clients, east coast candidates are preferred; however, consideration will be given to exceptional candidates in other areas of the US.
Travel as required by the business.