Parexel is looking to hire an IT Desktop Engineer to join their team!
*This position can be remote in North Carolina or in-office at our Durham, NC location*
As a Desktop Engineer, you will be responsible for keeping desktop operating systems up to date, deploying new operating systems and software to all of our current systems, and assisting with support level escalations. We are a large organization with thousands of deployed desktops to remote users in multiple sites. Familiarity with Windows OS, MS 365 and Endpoint security tools and middleware are a MUST. Job Purpose:
- Provide technical support to all Parexel locations and staff, both remotely and onsite.
- Support and maintenance of end user computing services including, but not limited to, Wintel, MacOS, iOS and Android platforms, Microsoft 365 suites, mobility and workstation applications, end point security tools and middleware.
- Administration, support and maintenance of MDM platforms and other centralized management tools and applications.
- Contribute to the improvement of system performance, reliability, end user experience and productivity.
- Maintain standardization and validation of end user computing environments, working with other IT groups as required.
- Ensure service delivery targets and operational requirements are met.
- Research and recommend new efficiencies, technologies, and products to enhance and improve end user computing services.
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Client focused approach to work; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Proven skills in leadership without authority & basic project management skills.
- Substantial experience and in-depth knowledge in functional area.
- 3 years of Enterprise desktop support and/or related work experiences.
- Excellent written and speaking English language skills.
- Advance experience in systems support and operations, including LAN administration, endpoint support, deployment, and user support.
- Experience supporting remote users in a large organization is advantageous.
- Specific advanced experience is required in the following areas: PC Hardware (Intel based equipment) and peripheries; Microsoft operating systems and M365 software; General PC application support; iOS/Android operating systems support and maintenance.
- Specific experience in managing end points with MDM solutions such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune), SCCM and/or Jamf (MacOS) is advantageous.
- Specific experience in application packaging and deployment via centralized solutions such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) or SCCM is advantageous.
College/University degree in a relevant technical area (Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering) or equivalent experience.
Parexel is dedicated to supporting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, inclusive of veteran and military spouse talent. The skills and values you have developed are transferrable to meaningful careers here at Parexel. The following military career roles align with this position - 26A, 26B, 26Z