At ICON, it's our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients' lives.
Our 'Own It' culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organization: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership, and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organization that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touchpoint. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That's our vision. We're driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you're as driven as we are, join us. You'll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you'll be helping shape an industry.About the Role:
As a Technical Support Specialist - Language Services
, you will support the project team regarding file preparation and management of tools to facilitate the launching, execution, and finalization of projects in compliance with specified timelines, project requirements and quality metrics. This role will work with the Technical Project Managers and is essential to ensuring efficient launching and finalization of projects to produce high-quality deliverables that meet customer requirements.
Recognize, exemplify, and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients, and Performance.
• As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Travel (approximately 0-5%) domestic and/or international.
• Other duties as assignedResponsibilities
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Prepares files/materials for project launch including preparation of originals, re-introduction of originals, comparisons, and alignments; for Language Services this would include preparation of files for use in a CAT tool.
- Organization and follow-up of formatting tasks
- Formatting and finalization of deliverables
- Accurate execution of instructions provided by the project team to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Proactively identifies potential issues related to formatting and file preparation; suggests solutions and preventative measures.
- Participates in training of suppliers, drafting and formatting of instructions, evaluation and monitoring of vendor quality carried out in collaboration with LRC & Vendor Management
- Provides technical formatting assistance to internal teams, clients, and authors, where applicable
- Trains new collaborators, internal teams, and subcontractors, as necessary
- Responsible for maintaining documentation and capitalization of available information.
- Contributes to process improvement for achieving high quality deliverables.
- Works with localization engineers improve processes, automate recurring tasks and gain efficiencies.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- 1-2 years' experience with translation or localization
- Proven experience working with common file formats, primarily MS Word, but not limited to other formats used in the Microsoft suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Intermediate level written and spoken English.
- Proactive self-starter committed to getting the job done with high quality deliverables.
- Mastery of business tools, software, and systems environments
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Interested in the role, but unsure if you meet all the requirements? We would encourage you to apply regardless - there’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for here at ICON whether it is for this or other roles.#LI-RO1