At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers. Apprenticeship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2024 Apprenticeship Program in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. As an Animal Welfare Apprentice within Labcorp you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our testing and development work. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of pre-clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your animal care and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world. The Role:
As an animal welfare apprentice within Labcorp, you will provide assistance and support with the day to day care of several different species.
This is an introductory role that would suit someone looking for their first step in a career within the science industry.
- Clean and disinfect animal cages, animal rooms, hallways and non-animal rooms as well as feeders, water bottles, and other supplies as needed.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and in particular those relating to Animal Welfare, GLP and Health & Safety.
- Collect data - manually or by appropriate computer software
- Handle animals humanely and appropriately for the species
- Exercise and socialise animals relevant to the species
- Provide animals with food, water, environmental enrichment, housing, etc. according to company standards.
- Work both individually and as part of a team
- Take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that you undertake.
- Work safely in the Animal House, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems. What you'll receive:
- You'll undertake an Apprenticeship in Animal Welfare over the course of 18 months.
- You will study for a Level 2 diploma in Laboratory Animal Science and Technology.
- A generous benefits and holiday package.
- Progression opportunities and a chance to work on ground breaking trials Minimum Criteria:
A passion for animal care and welfare
- A willingness to learn
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A passion for science Start Date: January 2024 Please note, that upon receiving your application we may need to share your details with our college provider in order to complete apprenticeship eligibility checks.Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement