Senior Operations Director
Working for an internationally recognised drug discovery consultancy offering both clinical and commercial manufacturing solutions, this is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading influence on pushing through site strategy and ensuring strong commercial collaboration across multiple facilities.
Working closely with the site SVP, this individual will have operational responsibility across all business units from research, development and manufacturing, through to analytical services, quality and facilities.
The opportunity for making a genuine difference not just to the company’s continued development but to that of the various departments and people who will fall under this leadership, is genuine. The business has a true open door leadership culture and this hire needs to reflect that in their accessibility and style of working.
Longer term development is most certainly on offer given the way the company is investing, especially into this facility.
Given the approach of the business, this is a site based role with some flexibility after the training period for remote working.
- Experienced operations professional within a pharmaceutical setting
- Scientific education and hands on background essential (chemistry or biochemistry preferred)
- Appreciation for various departments beyond solely manufacturing (i.e. R&D, Quality, Engineering etc)
- Experience of commercial accountability (e.g. any experience of P+L or EBITDA) would be strongly beneficial
- The ability to combine long term strategy with immediate hands on action as evidenced in a similar type of environment
- Any experience of customer/client interaction would be advantageous but is not essential – as long as you’re willing to get involved
- Experienced in management recruitment plans and retention strategies
Operations, manufacturing, research, development, formulation, chemistry, biochemistry, analytical, site, director, manager, senior, head, contract, quality, QA, control, QC