ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
As Accounts Receivable Associate, you will handle the setup and process of invoicing clients in compliance with contracts, for both fees and rechargeable costs. Your excellent relationship-building skills will come into play here as you will collaborate with internal and external partners every day. You will be involved in month-end and collaborating on audit projects.
• Prepare, verify and carry out invoicing via electronic processing and reporting activities according to specific deadlines for an assigned portfolio of accounts
• Balance client relationships
• Reconciliation of accounts
• Keep up to date with the progression of contracts with respect to invoicing units
• Interact closely with the Revenue team to ensure timely billing and investigate discrepancies on assigned clients
• Liaise with Clinical Project Managers in relation to various costs
• Investigate and resolve customer queries
• Set-up and maintain contract files
• Ad-hoc projects as required
You will need:
• Leaving certificate or equivalent secondary school education
• 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role within Accounts Receivable
• Outstanding Excel skills. If you have Oracle Financials that is a great advantage
• Demonstrate knowledge of revenue billing practices and proficient in data entry
• Knowledge of general accounting principles would also be great
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills with the ability to coordinate and multitask
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with strong customer service
• Demonstrate proven problem-solving and analytical skills
• Good interpersonal skills and enjoy partnering with your colleagues
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.