At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfill our mission to advance and improve patients' lives.
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research by providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and government and public health organizations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well. The Role:
To be sucessfull in the roll, you will have:
- Serve as Regional Medical Monitor on assigned projects and as Global Lead Medical Monitor, if requested.
- Provide medical expertise and oversight to protocol-related medical and safety issues and communication of medical and safety issues to ICON staff and sponsors.
- Coordinate and provide medical training including therapeutic indication training, protocol training for ICON clinical staff, project teams, or during investigator meetings.
- Review and approve protocols, case report forms, informed consent forms (when applicable), clinical study reports , and other miscellaneous study documentation, as requested.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Medical Degree (MD) internal medicine or pediatrics and formal infectious diseases fellowship training; board certification preferred
- Extensive experience with global clinical trials is desired.
- CRO experience, biotech or pharmaceutical experience including project leadership and interaction is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Advanced level of English is a must.
- Advanced present ation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows, MS Office.
- Performs duties at a high standard with limited supervision.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of your time. (Valid American Visa)
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That is why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best-in-class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.