ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well. Overview:
Acts as an intermediary between internal customers and the information technology department working with IT project teams and customers to collect, clarify, and document business requirements (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are procured or developed.The role:
You will need:
- Participate in design sessions and provides input on the software solution.
- Translates non-technical requirements into technical business requirement.
- Documents business needs, issues and challenges using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources.
- Serves as a liaison between users, development, quality assurance, architects and third-party vendors.
- Provides input into the development of training and documentation of information systems to peers and end users.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Business Analysis preferably from life science domain.
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and software development methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of business analysis principles.
- Strong communication (Written and verbal) skills.
- Effective time management skills
- Strong business analysis skills used to document user requirements.
- Ability to determined unstated end user needs by analyzing user requirements.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures of varying complexity.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects/task simultaneously.
At ICON, we embrace new perspectives and empower our people to write their own paths forward. We are a culturally diverse company with over 40,000 talented and ambitious people with varied skills, perspectives & backgrounds working together across 40 countries. Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.