Company Information You Matter to Cambrex.
Cambrex is a leading global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that provides drug substance, drug product, and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. With more than 40 years of experience and a growing team of over 2,400 professionals servicing global clients, Cambrex is a trusted partner in branded and generic markets for API and dosage form development and manufacturing. Your Work Matters.
At Cambrex, we strive to build a culture where all colleagues have the opportunity to:
- engage in work that matters to our customers and the patients they serve
- learn new skills and enjoy new experiences in an engaging and safe environment
- strengthen connections with coworkers and the community
We’re committed to attracting and nurturing a passionate team of valued professionals in our fast-paced and growing company. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes healthcare, life insurance, planning for retirement, and more! Your Future Matters.
Known for our customer-focused scientific and manufacturing excellence, as well as our strong commitment to quality and safety, we offer a range of career and growth opportunities across our global network of locations. Together with our customers, we aim to improve the quality of life for patients around the world. Start a career where You Matter by applying today!
The SAP Operations Manager will work closely with the IT Leadership, business users, and functional team members to provide technical guidance and support for projects and initiatives ranging in size from minor enhancements to major multi-year initiatives. The candidate must be able lead and support the SAP system through key projects, including system migrations, and S4 HANA Implementation while continuing to support other business initiatives while introducing new functionality into the SAP landscape, and onboard additional sites.
- Manage implementation of Cambrex ERP system (SAP) for DEVSecOps business functions, acting as a champion for Agile and DevSecOps practices.
- Manage ongoing support of incident/break/fix, monitoring and maintenance of deployed business applications, collaborate with vendors and technology teams as necessary.
- Plan and coordinate enhancement requests from business groups, assist business users to prioritize their requirements, manage system changes and after-hours support.
- Ensure reliable and secure 24x7 functioning of SAP and related systems for use across Enterprise.
- Design, implement, and maintain a robust backup and disaster recovery strategy for SAP in accordance with leading practices.
- Collaborate across IT functions including server team s , networking and security teams and assist in driving out solutions for SAP that meet Cambrex standards and alignment with Global Infrastructure Roadmap.
- Assist with change control, incident response, and testing processes for infrastructure changes or problems across the SAP landscape.
- Support and monitor SAP Landscape strategy through client copies and system refreshes.
- Prepare formal project documentation, including specifications, requirements summaries, logical system design documents, state diagrams, and test scripts.
- Monitor, analyze, and identify trends for system performance and resource utilization.
- Experience in SAP Basis technical administration and leadership designing, implementing, and maintaining SAP Basis infrastructure (ECC, S4/HANA, PI/PO, GRC, etc.)
- Understanding of SAP Interface and ABAP technology.
- Taking lead of the SAP Center of Excellence team.
- Demonstrates a creative approach to problem solving. Understands, adapts and implements new approaches effectively and efficiently that resolve current and future challenges while providing unique solutions for the business. Ability to articulate new approaches such that others in the organization understand the value and solution.
- Creates visibility for management and other stakeholders around progress toward key milestones. Contingency plans to anticipate barriers or problems. Provides the necessary focus to accomplish tasks and puts in the necessary effort to ensure the job gets done on time. Pushes through challenges and obstacles to achieve results.
- Builds positive relationships and uses tact in sensitive situations. Listens well to various points of view and relates well to others at all levels. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success. Demonstrates compassion and understanding and open to other viewpoints in the interest of achieving the best possible outcomes.
- Ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction to complete work on schedule. Organized and efficient with the ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
- Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful. Seeks out challenging situations. Encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm .
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Managing SAP applications.
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.