Our client is looking for a Senior Medical Writer to lead and work across a wide range of projects
The client are a vibrant global healthcare communications agency with a geographical footprint in Europe and North America. By coupling excellent scientific expertise with intelligent creativity, they deliver meaningful solutions through an agile approach, unique to the bespoke needs of each client.
As the Senior Medical Writer, you will have previous experience working as a medical writer in a healthcare communications agency. Day-to-day you will work to deliver a wide range of projects across commercial and medical communications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing, editing, proofreading and quality checking content
- Leading and delivering high-quality scientific content to timelines and budget to meet or exceed client and project team expectations
- Demonstrates skill and insights to direct the development of junior medical team members
- Attending occasional client meetings to plan, scope and discuss campaigns
- Planning campaigns with the wider team
- Working closely with the Design, Account Management and Programme Management teams
- Leads engaging dialogue with clients and team members to identify issues, opportunities, and solutions
- Potential for travel for international and national medical conferences
Qualifications & Desired experience
- Must have a 2:1 in a life sciences degree (preferably a PhD)
- Must have at least 2 years’ writing experience in a working environment in the pharmaceutical, commercial, or digital industry - but preferably a medcomms agency
- Able to deliver work across the spectrum of commercial and medical communications
- Ability to write clear and concise, scientifically accurate copy
- Awareness of the ABPI code of practice
- Excellent attention to detail
- Happy to work across a wide range of therapy areas
- A keen interest in working in healthcare communications
- Ability to build strong working relationships and surpassing expectations
- Ability to get involved and show initiative
- Strong team player and mentor
Why apply through Carys Mills Consulting?
Our team of dedicated consultants specialise in working to match candidates with clients who reciprocate their values and meet their expectations. We continually focus on candidate aspirations to ensure that we find the best overall fit across a range of disciplines and seniority-levels throughout the healthcare communications sector.