My client, one of Ireland’s biggest pharmaceutical companies, is currently recruiting for a QC Supervisor to join their team in Cork.
- Permanent position Mostly onsite Excellent salary and benefits package such as bonus, health insurance and pension. Career progression opportunities
In this role, you will be responsible for the organization, administration, and supervision of 5-16 Lab Analysts and oversight of the day-to-day operations. This includes document handling and providing oversight for lab systems. Responsible for: exception reports, change request (CR's), instrument calibration, instrument maintenance and product records handled in the area.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of Lab Analysts including: hiring, setting performance expectations, providing performance feedback, development of staff and handling of personnel issues.
- Responsible for the operation and functions of the laboratory group which includes: Raw Materials, Finished product, In-Process, Projects, Validation, MEC, Reference Standards, Trend monitoring, Compendia actions, Test Method Transfers and Co-validation where required,
- Evaluation of laboratory data, and based upon knowledge and experience, determines the sample disposition of materials tested.
- Identifies aspects of the tests or results warranting further attention and implements corrective actions.
- Write/updates procedures for operation, calibration and training of laboratory instruments as well as laboratory practices. Responsible for review and maintenance of all laboratory procedures assuring adherence to regulatory requirements and global policies.
- Ensure inventory of chemical laboratory reference standards and laboratory supplies.
- Schedules laboratory testing and data verification to meet customer needs.
- Assists in the periodic inspection of laboratory facilities, to assure that they are operated and administered according to GMP/GLP and safety requirements.
- Assists lab analysts with analytical instrumentation.
Education & Experience:
- BS in science (Chemistry, Microbiology, or Biology preferred) or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated skills to deal effectively with members of the department and the areas serviced by the laboratory.
- Excellent problem solving skills are required
- Must be able to interpret impact of laboratory data for appropriate and effective actions.
If you are interested in applying for this role or discuss the position in more detail, please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com