Richmond Pharmacology is a leading European Contract Research Organisation engaged in early phase clinical trials across a broad spectrum of therapeutic areas. In order to continue our important research work, it is imperative that we keep our environment entirely Covid free and our robust and timely response so far has done exactly that.
Location: London Bridge. London
Contract - 12 Months FTC
We are seeking a Lab Support Associate, themain purpose of the Lab Support Associates is processing, to accurately test and assess all visitors and staff coming into the building to ensure that they are free of COVID-19. The Laboratory Support Associate is also responsible for providing administrative and technical support to laboratory team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Perform COVID testing, processing these samples and assisting in the reporting of COVID-19 test results.
- To assist in the maintenance of laboratory areas and laboratory documentation.
- To maintain personal training records to the highest standards, ensuring that all relevant examinations are current and that the reading of all SOP’s/SOM’s/CSP’s is up to date to maintain delegation of the lab support associate tasks.
- Coordination and management of personal workload and delegated tasks and coordinate amongst several conflicting priorities.
- Additional tasks in the lab may include administrative activities, as well as assisting with maintenance of the lab environment and equipment
- To assist in tasks such as stock check, sample label printing, sample organisation sample inventory, document organisation and filing.
- To participate in meetings as required.
- To have a flexible approach and undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required to support the service when directed to do so.
- To undertake other duties at the discretion of your line manager.
In this position, you will be meeting visitors to Richmond Pharmacology's London Bridge unit, as well as testing all staff up to and including Director level. A positive demeanour and can-do attitude is essential as many of the people you are testing will be unfamiliar with the process and they may be understandably anxious. You must be able to work quickly through groups of visitors to minimise waiting times, while ensuring that you remain friendly, calm and welcoming at all times.
Additional tasks in the lab may include administrative activities, as well as assisting with maintenance of the lab environment and equipment. Successful candidates may be given the opportunity to step into a permanent post as the need for Covid testing begins to diminish, offering greater opportunities to work with samples being analysed for the core clinical trials work that the company undertakes.
This will be a 12 month fixed term contract initially, with the potential for a permanent role on completion. If you believe you have the attributes and skills to succeed in a role of this nature and would like to apply, please submit a current copy of your CV through our Bamboo HR candidate management system. You will be asked to supply basic contact details along with your CV.