A new opportunity has opened at Richmond Pharmacology for a Healthcare Assistant/Clinical Trials Associate
to join a specialised team providing clinical support to Research Physicians and volunteers taking part in the trials of innovative new therapies. This is an entry level role with a career path focused on development of clinical excellence in the delivery of a variety of Phase I-III clinical trials.
Title: Healthcare Assistant/Clinical Trials Associate
Location: London Bridge, London
Salary: £25,080 and benefits, including pension, private health care (including dental), life assurance, employee support, cycle to work scheme
This post would ideally suit someone with a background working as a Healthcare assistant within Hospitals or Care homes who is looking for a change into a Clinical Research organisation. Key tasks will include specific clinical procedures, ward rounds, ward maintenance, volunteer support and document management. Full training will be provided and candidates will be expected to pass assessments for key skills and maintain these to a high standard throughout.
- Previous experience working as a Healthcare Assistant
- Excellent communication skills and an engaging manner
- High energy, proactive and enthusiastic
- High attention to detail
- Available to work shifts (early, standard, late, night) including occasional weekends
- Customer service or hospitality sector experience would be attractive
- Successful candidates will need to pass DBS checks
- Clinical - phlebotomy, ECG, vitals etc - training in all procedures provided
- Documentation - study specific documents, from point of collection to quality checking
- Sample collection - efficient, safe collection of samples from volunteers including accurate labelling and management
- Volunteer support - looking after the needs and monitoring the safety of volunteers within the ward environment - Immediate Life Support (ILS) training provided
- Ward maintenance - ensuring the wards are clean, tidy and properly stocked for the care of volunteers
- Queries - raising queries and assisting in the resolution of queries to ensure study requirements are delivered appropriately
As well as working daily with volunteers, you will need to interact effectively with all other departments internally and provide an efficient service to support the delivery of clinical trials. You will need to familiarise yourself with all SOP's for working within the business, as well as all details specific to the trials you will be working on. This is a physically demanding and intellectually challenging role and represents an excellent opportunity to learn and develop a comprehensive range of clinical and scientific skills. Development will incorporate all elements of working in a clinical environment including QC and Scheduling and will lead to progression along a clinically specialised career path.
If you are interested in the role, please register your details, including a copy of your CV. Please note, while we try to respond to every candidate, the high volume of applications anticipated may make this impossible and we ask for your patience and understanding. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of making your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.