Editor (Healthcare Communications)
- Carys Mills Consulting
- United Kingdom
- Start date
- 13 Mar 2023
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Medical Communications, Editorial
- Full Time
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client is looking for an Editor to join their wider Editorial team working across a range of projects.
The main role of the Editor is to ensure that content and production materials developed are clear, concise, and accurate in regards to language and scientific content; delivering all work on time and on budget.
The client is a leading healthcare communications agency, with a global remit working with some of the top 20 pharmas and biotechs. Their culture is friendly, inclusive and dynamic, with everyone having a voice in the company.
- 8% matched pension contribution (NEST pension scheme)
- 29 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus of 10% (dependent on group and individual performance)
- Membership of company private health insurance (AXA PPP)
- Summer Fridays – 16:00 finish every Friday during July and August
- £200 per person wellness allowance; goes up to £500 after 3 years’ service
- Flexible working
Candidates must have:
- Relevant experience as a Senior Editorial Assistant or Junior Editor within a medical communications agency
- Excellent attention to detail, copy and proofreading skills
- Experience of editing for scientific integrity as well as flow syntax, grammar and spelling
- Ability to understand detailed medical and scientific information in various therapeutic areas
- Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and PowerPoint; familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and InDesign is an advantage
- Good understanding of the science background
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a life science subject
- Knowledge of ABPI industry guidelines
We specialise in connecting top talent in healthcare communications with market leaders through executive search. Our team of experienced consultants is dedicated to finding the best overall fit for candidates and clients, considering factors such as values, aspirations, and niche skillsets. We combine industry insider experience with executive search expertise to provide a unique and effective approach to job placement. Led by Director and Founder Carys Mills, our tight-knit team offers a variety of experience and industry insights. Carys has a reputation as a leading Search Consultant in Healthcare Communications, with extensive knowledge of the sector from her previous work as a medical writer and Director. The team is committed to securing lasting, fulfilling placements for clients and candidates.
Our team at Carys Mills Consulting is made up of dedicated consultants with extensive experience in the healthcare communications industry. Led by Carys Mills, our team includes Abby Watts, Anita Parker-Elms, Sophie Verstraeten, and Elaine Wilds. Together, we specialise in executive search and connecting top industry talent with leading healthcare communications agencies. With our clients’ needs at the forefront of our minds, we focus on providing the best overall fit for candidates across a range of disciplines and seniority-levels. Our team’s unique combination of first-hand scientific knowledge and adept executive search experience ensures that we source and select candidates with niche skillsets to secure lasting, fulfilling placements.
39 Vicarage Road
Apply for Editor (Healthcare Communications)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert