Principal Scientist (Polymer Development)
- Michael Page
- London, England, East London
- Start date
- 9 Mar 2023
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Project Management, R & D Project Management
- Full Time
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Principal Scientist in Polymer Development leading on the development of water soluble barriers and coatings for absorbent hygiene products.
Innovative consumer technology start-up that is on a mission to free the world from permanent waste. Founded in 2017 and has grown naturally ever since, through innovation competitions and grants. Strategic investors brought in for VC backed pre-seed in 2019 and a seed round in late 2021. Flagship product now been released onto the market in January 2023!
As a successful Principal Scientist in Polymer Development you will take a multifaceted role, and be involved in:
- Research and development of microplastic free & water dispersible polymers
- Performance optimisation of current biodegradable polymers and adhesives
- Design and validate new testing protocols for water dispersible absorbent hygiene products
- Documentation and interpretation of experiments
- Project management, risk assessments and budgeting
- Maintenance and qualification of laboratory equipment
- Ensure the scalability of developments through scale up trials and testing to comply with market volumes and economics.
- Cross department collaboration throughout the project to support route to market
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Lead prior art and freedom to operate searches with the support of IP lawyers
- Application and responses to searches and divisions
- Advise on strategic growth and expansion into related segments and technologies
- Present and work with internal and external stakeholders
- Set & track OKRs and management of reports
- ESG reporting and risk management
To be a successful Principal Scientist in Polymer Development you will have/be:
- PhD or senior leadership position in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of material science, polymer chemistry, barriers and coating technologies.
- At least 8 years of experience in product development and innovation, preferably in the personal care or healthcare industry.
- Track record of developing and commercialising products in a regulated environment.
- Passionate about sustainability, including green chemistry design principles, life cycle analysis, biodegradation and environmental end of life.
- Responsible for project budgets of up to £1 million.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Experience leading and managing research teams and projects.
The chance to join an exciting new start-up producing biodegradable consumer goods in a critical time for the business.
Contribute in a truly multifaceted role, with a massive amount of independence and responsibility to lead R&D strategy and build out your own R&D team moving forwards.
Negotiable salary based on experience.
Equity Stock Options
Hybrid working Scheme
Additional training budget, mental health support and financial planning scheme.
Michael Page Life Sciences is a global PageGroup brand, operating out of 26 countries and 44 offices, with more than 220 specialist consultants. We recruit across the full drug life cycle from discovery to patient delivery, focusing on entry level to C-suite roles. We work with pharmaceutical, biotech, biopharma, and medical device companies, as well as CROs and consultancies across the UK and EU.
With deep expertise and market knowledge, we are well placed to assist you, whether you are looking for your next role or hiring top talent to join your team. We hire for roles in:
- 0845 6060 610
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert