Assay Development Scientist I
- Labcorp Drug Development
- Harrogate, United Kingdom
- Start date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- R & D , Laboratory
- Full Time
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
As a leading contract research organization, LabCorp provides comprehensive drug development solutions for a range of industries. We are a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Together with our clients, we support the development of innovative, life-changing treatments.
Our largest UK site in Harrogate, is currently recruiting for an Assay Development Scientist to join the Assay Development team within the Bioassay group performing a variety of techniques including; Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR), ELISA, Gyros Immunoassay and other plate based assays.
The CMC division provides end-to-end analytical solutions and testing services to ensure quality control of our clients manufactured drug products. The Assay development role, within a dedicated BioCMC assay development team, will support protein characteristic studies, method development, assay establishment, transfer and phase appropriate validation prior to application to cGMP release and stability studies.
- The development, establishment and validation of analytical methods; interpreting and documenting data and reporting of results.
- Provision of scientific expertise; able to give technical advise to internal/ external clients and guide decision making or trouble-shooting processes.
- Documentation of studies to the required scientific and regulatory standards, and in accordance with study protocol and Labcorp standard operating procedure.
- Understanding of client requirements (i.e. critical aspects) and planning accordingly to deliver targets on time and within budget and to manage study changes.
- Anticipation of problems that may affect timing or data quality, taking appropriate action to minimise impact or resolve issues.
- Networking between departments to meet the demands of multi-disciplinary client programs
- Training of laboratory analysts and other team members as required.
The successful candidate is expected, at a minimum, to have a degree in a relevant scientific subject and to have a minimum of 2 years' experience working with biopharmaceutical products and in structural characterisation studies.
Ideally the candidate will have experience of multiple analytical techniques including SPR, ELISA and Gyros Immunoassay.
Experience of working in a CRO environment with knowledge of UK/ OECD GXP regulations would be an advantage.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Find out more about working for our company
Brief Company Description;
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
- Labcorp Drug Development
Maidenhead Office Park
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert