Technical Designer II - Database Build Oversight (RAVE)
- Labcorp Drug Development
- Maidenhead, United Kingdom
- Start date
- 26 Jan 2023
- Closing date
- 20 Feb 2023
- Data Management / Statistics, Clinical Data Management
- Full Time
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you have end to end database build experience in RAVE?
Does a client-facing programming role, where you will gain expertise across project management, excite you?
Labcorp is recruiting for a Technical Designer II. Working within RAVE, across a number of Sponsors, you will assist in the study build and eCRF design across a number of projects.
Join our growing team and discover your extraordinary potential by working as a Technical Designer II within our Functional Service Provider (FSPx) division, working across multiple sponsors.
In a varied role, you will be responsible for managing build activities, specification authoring & tracking and assessing risks for amendments. We are looking for a programmer who enjoys managing client/stakeholder expectations and has the confidence to raise potential objections in a clear and constructive manner.
Summary of Opportunity
- Development and implementation of solutions to global technical service issues and concerns regarding EDC tools like Medidata RAVE.
- Responsible for designing the eCRF in RAVE.
- Responsible for the preparation and /or review draft and final eCRF, edit check specifications for assigned projects to ensure quality and consistency.
- Specification development for study build and design of EDC database.
- Follow attention to detail approach and participate in sponsor meetings and audits/inspections.
- Liaise with data managers to discuss technical strategies, contract obligations and timelines.
- Responsible for performing quality control procedures for specification development.
- Conducts team meetings and provide guidance to Programmers and Data managers.
- Responsible for maintaining study specifications for assigned projects.
- Responsible for conducting Quality Control of study design for assigned projects.
- Participate in the validation of EDC studies when requested.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of library objects within the Global Libraries.
- Responsible for the review and approval of deviations and edit checks requested by the project teams.
- Mentor and aide in staff development, and achievement of competency standards.
- Present training programs to the technical staff regarding study build, standards maintenance, and/or change control.
- Notify project leadership of requests for out-of-scope work and advise management of changes in scope of projects to enable the timely development of change orders.
- Provide consultation in the area of database design and development with data managers.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in EDC vendor products which may be applied to
improve the efficient use of these systems.
- Implement processes as they are refined, or as new processes are developed and initiate and
participate in the ongoing review of the processes to ensure they are continually improved.
- Good knowledge of drug development process and Clinical Data Management Programming.
- End to end Medidata RAVE build experience.
- Technical expertise: Design Screens & Program Edits in RAVE.
- Some experience dealing with amendments and assessing risk associated with them.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintain the highest standards of quality work.
- Candidates must be fluent in English language (both verbal and written).
MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Labcorp Drug Development, Covance by Labcorp, Covance, Chiltern, Phases IIb-IV, CRO, Contract Research Organisation, Contract Research Organization, pharma, pharmaceutical, Technical Design, Database Programmer, EDC Designer, Electronic Data Capture, RAVE, Medidata RAVE, Programmer, EDC Programmer, RAVE Technical Designer, RAVE Programmer, clinical data manager, clinical data management, Clinical Data Management, Lead Data Manager, Clinical Data Manager Lead, home based, pharma, home-based, flexible working, flexible location, field based, home based EU Anywhere, anywhere in Europe, field-based, United Kingdom, UK, Great Britain, England, Maidenhead, Reading, Berkshire, Birmingham, Cambridge, Sheffield, Manchester, Alderley Edge, Scotland, Edinburgh, Wales, Swansea, Northern Ireland, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Paris, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Leiden, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Bloemfontein, Centurion, South Africa, Madrid, Barcelona, Spain, Ukraine, #LI-Remote, Remote, EMEA
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Find out more about working for our company
Brief Company Description;
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
- Labcorp Drug Development
Maidenhead Office Park
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert