Lead Learning & Development Specialist - Therapeutic ProgramsLocation: HYBRID - this role can performed from Poland, Warsaw, Ireland - Dublin, Limerick, or UK - Reading
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.We have a great opportunity for a Lead Learning and Development Specialist to join ICONU, ICON’s learning, and Development group.
Working as part of the global ICON University, the purpose of this role is to act as the Therapeutic Program Lead
in ICONU (ICON University), leading the curriculum offering and bearing responsibility for the diagnosis, design, development and delivery of Therapeutic Area learning and development solutions to meet the identified needs of ICON’s employees at all levels, enabling them to develop and grow as trusted partners to all our customers, external and internal. To lead and/ or support broader Organisation Development projects.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Partnering with the business to lead the diagnosis, design, and implementation of development interventions, with internal and external customers.
- Lead an assigned team of Learning & Development specialists to build and design training curriculum (including virtual and online) integrating adult learning theory into multi-platform training.
- Handle the scheduling, coordination and delivery of a range of learning interventions. Credibly work with and contribute to audiences up to senior management level.
- Design, develop and implement self-paced and blended online learning content and solutions.
- Actively Evaluate and assess the efficiency and quality of assigned learning interventions and act on outcomes and feedback to ensure interventions keep pace with and anticipate the business need.
- Build strong working relationships with relevant business leaders associated with programmes of work and subject matter experts.
- Identify and handle suitable external vendors, as appropriate, to develop and/ or facilitate learning interventions.
- Look for and share with the team opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and training programmes
- Lead the budget associated with assigned work, as applicable.
- Advise and support the design and successful implementation of Organisation Development and Effectiveness programmes and projects, as assigned.
- Handle and or Support ICON University learning initiatives as assigned
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Experience in Therapeutic Area (Oncology, Rare Disease etc)
- BS, BSc, BA or equivalent in relevant discipline - Training, Learning & Development, Education, Management, Psychology, HR or other.
- In depth shown experience in relevant discipline in Training, Learning & Development, Education, Management, Psychology, HR or other
- Demonstrates the ICON proficiencies, including Leadership competencies, as applicable
- Demonstrates excellent communication, training, facilitation and mentorship skills
- Ability to work as part of a remote global team and to train effectively with diverse audiences
- Proven ability to design and develop self-paced online learning content
- Demonstrates knowledge of current learning technologies and principles
- Proven ability to work with Senior leadership
- Prior experience conducting presentations or facilitating training in English
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
#LI- HYBRID - Warsaw, Dublin, Limerick, Reading