Proclinical is seeking a Senior Research Associate II, Virology for a leading biopharmaceutical company located in Foster City, CA. This position will work in a highly collaborative environment and be responsible for planning and conducting key biological experiments focused on the discovery, profiling, and preclinical evaluation of antiviral therapeutics.
Must be eligible to work or be a citizen in the US.
- Optimize and carry out various cell-based virology assays for discovery and preclinical evaluation of antiviral therapeutics, including biologics and small molecules
- Plan and execute assigned experiments that support research activities and project goals
- Interpret results, proactively troubleshooting technical issues and recommending potential solutions based on personal observations and/or literature searches
- Select appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments
- Participate in multidisciplinary drug discovery teams as well as academic collaborators and present regular research updates to project teams
- Work closely with senior personnel to define relevant scientific strategies
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances in relevant fields and scientific meetings
Skills and Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of virology and strong experimental background with demonstrated ability to execute well-designed experiments
- Excellent technical skills in the area of cell and molecular biology including culture of primary cells, real-time PCR, Western Blot, Northern Blot, immunofluorescence staining and related state-of-the art technologies. Experience in HBV or HDV preferred
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-pace multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Teamwork, individual-initiative, and meticulous recordkeeping are essential
- Bachelor's with 5+ years or Master's degree with 4+ years in virology, cell biology, or a related scientific discipline
- Working experience in biotechnology/ pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry
- Title can be adjusted commensurate with experience
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.