Business Development Director Medical Imaging & Analytics
- Pop Science
- Neg on experience
- Start date
- 25 Jan 2023
- Closing date
- 24 Feb 2023
- Sales / Commercial, Sales
- Full Time
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
Are you an experienced business developer passionate about medical imaging and analytics in the treatment of CNS diseases?
We're looking for a dynamic Business Development Director to help our client deliver their medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for initiating and progressing to successful conclusion, new Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and new business contracts in order to increase the number and diversity of company clients to support the company's double digit growth ambitions.
The purpose of the role is to build deep relationships within the assigned client portfolio (current and prospective Pharma, Biotech and CRO accounts) to ensure continued momentum in the number of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) received to support a growing opportunities pipeline.
As this is a niched service offering, you will get to work with biomarker and image experts to help develop great client solutions. Really, really interesting role for a good Business Developer. We can consider CRO, Life Science Tech and Medical Diagnostics or Medical Device backgrounds.
You will work on new and existing accounts, working with the existing team.
- Develop a sales plan for increasing new account penetration; includes managing in country and international travel schedules within budget and identifying technical support requirements from functions across the company to increase likelihood of client success.
- Scheduling face-to-face meetings and remote /on-line client presentations to open new business development opportunities
- Lead bid defence planning and work with Operations, Science and Product teams to ensure effective client meetings.
- Continue to develop the relationship with current clients (multi-level account management) to secure additional business and increase current account penetration across multiple trials and therapeutic areas.
- Coordinate with the Proposals and Contracts manager to support the response to, and timely completion of, RFPs and RFIs.
- Research accounts and identify new opportunities for client by monitoring clinical pipeline/molecule developments and relevant communication/press.
- Attend international Industry Conferences as required by the company; includes pre-meeting planning and post meeting reporting and follow up.
- Track record and understanding of neuroscience and/or imaging markets via a product and service offering.
- Substantial consultative technical selling experience within technology CRO or ancillary industries required.
- Undergraduate degree or international equivalent in a health sciences or business discipline from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years CRO/Pharmaceutical/Biotech client facing function experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with maintaining and managing a customer relationship database (CRM), such as Salesforce.com.
- Strong communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate tenacity, proactivity, and initiative.
- A demonstrated ability to influence and persuade others to act.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Stakeholder management, both internally and externally.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Contact Gail Kniveton or Alex Aduwa for more information.
#clinicaltrials #clinicalresearch #neuroscience #neurology #cns #medicalimaging #businessdevelopment #londonjobs #hybrid #popscience
Pop Science are here aiming to make science more popular, by championing careers in clinical and scientific research, life science technology, engineering, maths and more. Whether you want a permanent job, a contract role or even a change in perspective with some volunteering, contact us and let us help you.
- +44 208 985 0565
18 Vanguard House
70 Martello St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert