A key leadership role with our industry leading Central Lab organisation, and a wonderful opportunity to lead one of our most successful teams while taking them to new heights. If you are a progressive, dynamics and visionary leader looking for your next opportunity this could be the perfect role for you.
This role will have the opportunity to lead one of our European teams of Business Development Directors (BDDs). This team partners with some of Europe and the World's most innovative Pharmaceutical and Biotech organisations, selling the full suite of central laboratory, Translational Biomarker and Diagnostic Services, Vaccine Services and Genomic Testing.Our organisation:
Labcorp Drug Development, a global contract research organisation, has worked on all the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services with our clients from leading pharma and agile biotech. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients, Labcorp Drug Development transforms today's healthcare challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
We are a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, Labcorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care.About you:
This position is home-based, and applicants can be placed anywhere within Europe and must be fluent in English. We are seeking an Executive Director, with a background in a Clinical or Central Labs CRO although we would consider candidates from other scientific backgrounds who have strongly developed leadership skills and experience of clinical trials.
In addition, the ideal candidate should be able to:
- Bring a strategic mindset able to implement a clear vision to a team of BDDs
- Coach, mentor, guide, challenge and develop a team of BDD's across Europe
- Drive client selection strategy, BDD assignment and account development plans
- Negotiate at a high level to support the team in partnerships, MSA and contract discussions
- Proven ability to hire and develop diverse talent
- Assigns accounts, territories and forecast individual territory sales goals
- Deliver order goals for the clients and/or territory
- Assist sales team in developing internal and external relationships and identifying new market opportunities
- Works closely with other Sales Leaders across Labcorp's business units to develop joint opportunities and relationships with clients
- Manage team performance and feedback, providing guidance on development opportunities and action plans
- Function as an advisor to the BDD's, troubleshooting and helping to overcome internal and external obstacles
- Facilitate strong internal relationships and communication strategies with our operational colleagues
- Utilize the SFDC to manage team pipeline, forecast and analyse key sales metrics
- Gather and share market intelligence and competitive information with sales team, peers and marketing
- Support/assist in developing BU-based global MSAs and preferred provider agreements
- Bachelor's degree in the life science or business field (required). Master's degree in the life sciences, biology, or science-related field with particular focus on biomarkers, anatomic pathology & histology, translational medicine, or companion diagnostics (preferred)
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Labcorp from competitors
- Strong working relationship with internal Labcorp management and site leadership
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- A minimum of 5 years of Sales experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers required
- A minimum of 5 years' experience managing teams, ideally in a sales leadership capacity
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .