ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.The Role:
As a Proposal Analyst, you are a key member of the Proposals development team, responsible for managing the timely production of accurate and complete high-quality proposals for our clinical services. You will:
- Support Business Development in the winning of new business for ICON.
- Prepare budgets for proposals by interacting with operational departments to coordinate budgets and assumptions.
- Work with operational, legal, financial, and business development (sales) staff to maintain and improve proposals documents.
- Consistently, meeting deadlines and able to assist others.
- Coordinate and process information delivery for the budget and proposal.
- Chair kick-off and resource meetings and coordinate the participation of appropriate personnel in the proposal development process
- Responsible for compiling, editing, and owning the entire process from request to delivery, associated with the proposal.
- Assist with continuous departmental process improvements and participate in special projects periodically assigned, in addition to day-to-day duties
- Coordinate and participate in negotiations and discussions with clients as required
- Recognize, exemplify, and adhere to ICON's values which centre around our commitment to People, Clients, and Performance.
- Undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree or equivalent ideally combining life sciences or (bio)medical sciences.
- Preferably 1-2 years of industry experience, but not required
- Self-starter and able to function in a high-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently, be highly motivated and a strong team player.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate RFPs and identify critical issues and questions.
- Good understanding of industry cost drivers and budget algorithms.
- Excellent numeracy, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Fluency in English and excellent written English skills are essential.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.