• Reporting to the Vice President, HEOR Team Leader, this individual conducts value-based pharmacoeconomic and health outcomes research in collaboration with payer opinion leaders (POLs), health care systems, and vendors through partnered research.
• Field-based scientific interface between the company and POLs; participates in plans to engage POLs and provides requested clinical and scientific information to members of the provider and payer community (private insurance, payers, medical groups, government agencies, and health systems with drug formularies) in compliance with all relevant company policies.
• Aligns with the Market Access team to provide formulary support.
Provide requested clinical and scientific information
• Provide effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences upon request and participate in medical meetings.
• Adhere to all regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information, including responses to unsolicited requests for medical information.
• Establish and maintain scientific/professional relationships with formulary decision makers, external thought leaders, and payer influencers by answering unsolicited requests for information and providing disease state and pharmacoeconomic information.
Develop plans to engage payor opinion leaders (POLs)
• Specifically identify educational needs within the medical community around hyperkalemia and Chronic Kidney Disease Associated Pruritus (CKD-aP) disease state management.
• Collaborate with external customers and academics in the development and implementation of health outcomes educational programs.
Successful management and execution of HEOR research projects
• Manage and partner with vendors and academic institutes, KOLs, and non-payer type organizations (e.g., IDNs; health technology companies) to execute on current and future research projects.
• Ensure accurate information exchange between HOD colleagues in the field and office-based clinical, medical affairs, and drug safety team members.
• Maintain clinical expertise on hyperkalemia and associated treatment strategies through comprehensive education, including attendance at relevant symposia, scientific workshops, review of key journals, and internal training.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
• MD, PharmD, PhD. or other allied medical degree preferred.
• 2-5 years' experience in biotech/pharma, or comparable experience.
• Ability to travel at least 30%
• No relocation required (Home-office based).
• Knowledge and experience in the field of nephrology and/or cardiovascular preferred.
As a federal contractor, Vifor Pharma, Inc. is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 absent a bona fide medical reason, a genuine religious belief, on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. All employees must be in compliance with Vifor Pharma, Inc.'s COVID-19 vaccine policy at the commencement of their employment.