Description Sr IT Analyst
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Every day we perform better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. We bring a wide range of talented experts together across a wide range of business-critical services that support our business. Every role within Corporate is vital to furthering our vision of Shortening the Distance from Lab to Life®.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know: WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture - where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Work closely with onsite support staff to obtain technical knowledge and to permanently solve chronic problems for Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
- Training: Be willing to impart on the job and commercial training designed to enhance skills and support capabilities.
• Technical Lead or SME in one or more projects/implementation work as requested and assigned.
• Owner of one or more services or processes within IT. Operational input to service road maps.
• Responsible for the configuration support, maintenance and setup of application modules. Establishes system parameters and formats; ensures software compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing and projected system capacity and capabilities.
• Analyzes internal customers’ needs and is a leader on recommendation of existing Syneos solutions.
• Identifies, investigates and owns improvement opportunities to achieve optimal service delivery.
• Leads escalation efforts across appropriate teams and partners as required or necessary. Contributes to the root cause analysis and data interpretation for service issues.
• Oversees resolution or resolves trouble tickets as assigned or escalated.
• Develops, refines and follows process flows based on the ITIL guidelines and adapts to business requirements.
• Defines and meets service levels based on expectations set by the supervisor and by the business.
• Collaborates with other IT support groups and other business groups to fulfill operational requests and issues.
• Owns the creation of one or more training plan by using internal and external resources for career development and business support purposes. Maintains current knowledge of technology trends. Qualifications What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ year’s Service Desk, customer service, and support experience with problem solving involving hardware, software, and networks.
- Phone support experience necessary
- Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem-solving skills required.
- Hands-on work experience with the following:
- Windows Operating systems Windows 10, 11
- Mac OS
- Servers: Windows 2000+
- Remote desktop connectivity applications: RDP, TeamViewer, Bomgar
- MS Office O365: MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook/Exchange
- Internet browsers (e.g. Edge, Chrome, Firefox)
- Support for laptop, desktops, and printers (network and local)
- Experience with PDA, tablets, iPads and cell phone support
- Others: Adobe suites and other common desktop applications
- Experience in SME support in specialized desks like iPhone, VPN, MS Office etc.
- Problem Management & Escalations
- Analysis on performance
- Change Management activities
- Should have excellent troubleshooting abilities - to reduce the overall incident resolution time
- Back-up and Recovery Services
- Upgrades and Patch management
- Vendor Management
- BCP/DR Implementation and Support
- Root cause analysis and preparing Major Incident Reports
- Installations, moves, adds, and changes (IMACs)
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for project and operational needs
- Ability to work in an on-site/off-shore model - ensuring seamless communication with the offshore team to achieve service Levels
- Able to work well with little direction and in a team atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple projects each with critical deadlines simultaneously
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Ensure maximum availability of Infrastructure by providing a quick turnaround of resolution times
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health .
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job. Additional Information:
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.