Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs and an in-house marketplace for rotations and project work. With strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
50 000. That's the number of people currently whose lives our team have managed to change. As part of Novartis' Cardio Metabolic team, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in more people's lives. Novartis are committed to growing that number, and we have an exciting opportunity for an Account Specialist in VIC East.
As an Account Specialist, your role will be to achieve agreed sales, market share targets and organizational objectives for the Cardio-Metabolic Franchise in VIC East, with a focus on delivering better outcomes for. You will execute optimal sales strategies, tactics and operational plans with key specialist (private and public) and hospital stakeholders. Key clients include Cardiologists, General Physicians, Renal physicians and other HCPs that play a role in the management of patients with Heart Failure.
You will be led by an inspiring and energetic Sales Leader who will develop you beyond this role. We envisage this person to have career aspirations along with a strong sense of team. You will demonstrate being inspired, curious and unbossed through your actions and play a key role in mentoring team members.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Deliver on Franchise and Brand goals including the achievement of financial and/or share targets for an assigned territory and as part of State or National goals
- Achieve this through high quality sales interactions utilizing the 6IB selling model and delivering meaningful customer coverage and frequency
- Effectively engage with the community of specialist and/or hospital HCPs involved in the management of Heart Failure to drive sales and strategic outcomes
- Stay current on standards of care and practice in the Cardio-Metabolic field and maintain up-to-date knowledge of scientific literature
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive products, sales messages, key competitive features and benefits and how this relates to Cardio Metabolic line of products and understand the cross functional matrix. Work as a team player cross-functionally
- Manage and leverage this to achieve business outcomes and contribute strongly to cross functional planning at a State and Regional level
- Demonstrate and develop personal capabilities in thinking about, acting on and achieving business objectives in a manner that goes beyond just the sales call
- Ensure high level of quality assurance and compliance in all activities and be aware of the content and the application of the Medicines Australia's Code of Conduct regarding representative activity
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Tertiary qualifications in a science-related field or business, and/or nursing/para medical background
- Pharmaceutical sales experience in a hospital/specialist representative role
- Inspired, Curious, Unbossed and Integrity
- Excellent collaboration and engagement skills with partners across the organization and with HCPs
- Agile and adaptable nature, able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Strategic mindset along with passion and a high emotional intelligence will be critical to be successful in this role
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Company / Legal Entity
AU Pharma Pty Ltd