At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture
Are you passionate about applying your pharmacometric skills, strategic thinking, and practical experience in data science? Would you like to join cross-functional clinical development teams and do you feel like expanding your influence and deepening your knowledge in data science approaches beyond pharmacometrics?
Then seize the opportunity to join our team of highly motivated data scientists in our newly established, global TMCP Data Science function and apply as a Senior Scientist Pharmacometrics.
We are offering an exciting opportunity in our global Translational Medicine & Clinical Pharmacolog y (TMCP) department located in Biberach an der Riss ( xplorebiberach.com ), our biggest R&D site, or at our headquarters in Ingelheim.
If you would like to learn more on the vision and mission of our TMCP Data Science department, please see below in TMCP Data Science Section.
Tasks and responsibilities
- As Senior Scientist in Pharmacometrics, you will develop the pharmacometrics strategy for clinical development projects and identify opportunities where pharmacometrics and other advanced data analytic approaches can further the understanding of pharmacological activity, efficacy and safety of a drug.
- You will be responsible for the planning and execution of relevant pharmacometric analyses which to support internal decision making, disease understanding and successful approval.
- Moreover, you will ensure the timely delivery of respective data analysis documents (e.g., dataset specification, analysis plans, and reports) and documents where you are co-author (e.g. clinical development plans).
- You will organize and manage projects with external organizations such as academic institutions or CROs.
- Furthermore, you will represent PMx/Data Science in internal initiatives and working/focus groups collaborating closely with other disciplines.
You will be supported by your supervisor for the above-mentioned activities.
We expect a strong team player, who is able to successfully act in a global and remote context. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact internally as well as externally and the ability to pro-actively identify issues and share solutions are a pre-requisite.
TMCP Data Science
- PhD., MD or master’s degree from an accredited institution in Medicine, Pharmacometrics, Data Science, Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics or equivalent area of focus with first experience in Pharmacometrics in the pharmaceutical industry, regulatory agencies, or academia
- Solid knowledge in applying PMx software (e.g., NONMEM, Monolix, R, PBPK software) and approaches (e.g. population pharmacokinetics, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, exposure response, disease progression modeling, model-based meta-analysis as well as PBPK)
- Basic knowledge in other data science fields, clinical pharmacology, clinical drug development, MID3, and regulatory Guidelines
Within TMCP Data Science we are focusing on improving disease, biomarker and drug understanding through modern data science approaches, including bioinformatics, systems pharmacology, pharmacometrics, data enablement and data engineering.
To implement our vision of turning data into knowledge, we utilize our scientific expertise in key data science approaches and act as Data Science Leads in development project teams. In this role you will be a main contact for data science related questions supported by the whole TMCP Data Science group. You will join the clinical development team approximately two years before first-in-man clinical trials and support projects until successful regulatory approval and beyond.
We inspire and empower data scientists within TMCP to shape the future of Data Sciences at BI and value a culture of sharing knowledge, pro-active contributions, and feedback combined with a positive “how to” attitude also in challenging situations. Within TMCP Data Sciences you will have the opportunity to actively contribute or lead internal and external working groups/initiatives focusing on e.g. disease strategies, innovative methods, standardization and processes. Thus, you will have a major impact on our future clinical drug development programs, thereby actively contributing to the availability of breakthrough therapies that will increase human health.
Seize the opportunity and apply as Senior Scientist in Pharmacometrics at Boehringer Ingelheim.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.