The Global Products Lead (GPL) is a senior, cross-functional strategic business leader in the CSL organization, reporting to the R&D TA Co-Lead. The GPL is accountable for all product strategy and delivery in his/her portfolio and, in that capacity, to the respective TALT and TA Co-Leads. The GPL is a member of the GPL Leadership Team (grass roots/informal team) and a core member of TALTs.
Depending on specific product(s) and its stage of life cycle, the GPL has high-level accountabilities that are critical to the delivery of CSL business objectives and portfolio value targets. These may include:
- Creating and leading a high-performing cross-functional team of global functional senior leaders responsible for the delivery of the product portfolio.
- Creating ambitious development plans and options for each of their assets, with the goal of managing the trade-off between time, risk, cost and value.
- Accountable for the development and commercialization of development product(s) following progression through SG2.
- Drive maximum patient value for growth brands contributing to R&D value targets through life cycle management including, label expansions, novel technologies and development of combination products, and new indications.
- Asset Lead (or Member of Asset Management Forum - if relevant); responsible for global cross-TA strategy, oversight and management of product label, identification of resource synergies and allocation of license maintenance support in support of continued and maximized value generation.
- Responsible for creation and execution of 3-year global cross-functional business plan including: Life cycle maximization, regional and emerging market value generation to optimize patient access, maintenance of license to operate, patent defense, and real-world evidence generation.
- Responsible for communicating to PST members (full-time and flexible),TALT and Functional leaders in R&D and other stakeholder functions about product strategy plans, challenges and requirements for the products' success.
- Team Leadership
- Be the Product(s) Champion, ensuring program and project priorities are established and appropriately communicated; ensure portfolio prioritization conflicts are addressed and/or escalated as required
- Creative and visible leadership of a high performing cross-functional team of global functional senior leaders responsible for the delivery of one or more products
- Collaborate with appropriate functional area leads to support strategic project direction
- Significant contribution to the development and performance of core PST members deployed from all functions
- Active role in development of regional talent capable of taking on GPL roles
- Accountable for creating and leading high-performing teams
- Member of Therapeutic Area Leadership Team (TALT)
- Accountable for delivering the TPIB-agreed strategy and PSP
- Contribute to and recommend updates to the strategy that would maximize the value of the product
- Research Interaction and Product Transition
- Partner with Research Project Scientific Coordinators and Research PMs from Research Project teams for approximately 6 months pre-SG2 to develop product strategy and risk-mitigated POC development plan for presentation to TPRC
- Ensure smooth and efficient transition of products from research into development
- Resourcing PST
- Actively resource PST by working with and influencing functional leaders for appropriately skilled resources for their product at each stage in development
- Lead CSL due diligence teams in (i) evaluation of potential in-licensing opportunities for new products within the PST, (ii) presentation of opportunities and business cases to CSL governance boards and (iii) efficient transition to post-deal deliver
- Senior cross-functional business leadership of alliances with external partners to deliver existing commitments and to explore additional partnering opportunities for assigned products/brands
- Mentor, partner and collaborate with TA-specific Research Project Teams and PSTs to share best practices and development experience to be applied to other projects within and across TAs
- Foster individual and team development
- Asset Management Forums
- As a designated Asset Lead, or as a member of the Asset Management Forum if not the designated Asset Lead, accountable for the strategic management of the asset - including defining the range of LCM investment options/business cases and making recommendations for /decision on investment, in order to maximize the value of the brand to the business
- As the Asset Lead partner with other GPLs from other TAs and participate in assessment of additional opportunities such as second brand opportunities in other TAs; coordinate efforts across TAs to optimize the brand
- Product Strategy Design
- Definition and communication of the overall vision for global development and commercialization and/or LCM strategy for TA-aligned products for which they are accountable
- Accountable for development, maintenance and updating of the Product Strategy Plan (PSP) to maximize the value of their product(s)
- Accountable for the Target Product Profile (TPP) and Target Product Claims (TPC) that form the future foundation of product labelling and other forms or communicating value propositions for patients, physicians and payers
- Definition and content of product business cases that deliver both regulatory approval (meeting worldwide health authority needs) and reimbursement approval (meeting key country payer requirements)
- Continued new value generation including strategic focus upon Asia, Emerging Markets, and must-win commercially prioritized markets.
- Work in collaboration with Research Project Teams and PSTs on LCM activities such as novel technologies and development of combination products in new indications.
- Governance Interactions
- Development and Presentation of PSP and product business cases to TALT and Therapy Product Review Committee (TPRC)
- Presentations to functional leadership teams, Therapy Product Investment Board (TPIB) for product strategy decisions, etc., when necessary
- Presentation of PSP and business case to joint CSL/Alliance Partner governance bodies for investment decision, where appropriate
- Provide regular progress updates to governance bodies on progress, risks, opportunities and challenges, and pertinent changes in the external environment
- Product Strategy Execution
- Delivery of governance-approved business cases within tolerance on time, cost, and quality, working with functional management as required to resolve issues
- Budgetary and Time/Schedule accountabilities within ranges as per Decision-Making Framework guidance
- Delivery of product information to support internal and external business portfolio reporting (e.g., internal product/project briefings, R&D Analyst Day, annual results communications etc.)
- Effective and transparent risk, opportunity, and issue management at strategic, tactical, and operational levels
- Minimum of 12+ years of industry or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional, multi-cultural teams in a drug development context (product or function)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the drug development process
- Proven track record in managing external relationships
- Proven ability to learn new information rapidly and effectively
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring .We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organization with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion at CSL.Do work that matters at CSL Behring!